• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wils0nc

Wils0nc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hi, I have a 1970's National Candy machine with 9 selections for candy and the gum and mints on the left.  Recently after putting in change the knobs wont pull.  If you pull them very, very, very slowly they will pull and vend.  Does anyone know whaqt I should look at?  Thank you

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

This is a blast from the past.

You're talking about a machine that no one has used in vending (hopefully) since the late 80's.  I ran a couple of those but I can't remember a lot about them.  If you loosen a latch on the right side of the base of the rack and pivot just that end of the rack out you can view the coin mechanism.  You can also remove the coin acceptor and then the actual device that works the machine called the Accumulator.  Behind the accumulator you can probably see how the machine vends and what moves there.  I think there is a lockout pawl that the accumulator unlocks when the correct amount of money is inserted then pulling the knob will rotate the accumulator guts to open a door that drops the coins to the coin box.  Make sure the parts here on the rack are not gummed up and move freely.  Don't use any WD40 but rather some lithium grease if you need to lube it. 

If you want to post photos of these parts that might remind me of how it works.

Before doing anything, play with the machine so you can learn how it works and what moves when.  There will be an association with the columns so if one is sold out the machine won't vend.  I remember having problems like you described but I don't really remember what the fix was.

Keep us posted.

#3 JBVending

JBVending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Is that mech a ACMR or slide mech? If ACMR there were price arms under pull knob that got loose and out of place. Make sure lock out paws are working freely, when gummed up they move to slow to get out of the way.

JB

#4 Wils0nc

Wils0nc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thank you both.  I will open it up this weekend and see what I can find out.  I believe the coin mech is OK.  I'm guessing the ACMR Series 100 may be to blame.

#5 Wils0nc

Wils0nc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:25 PM