• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

I recently purchased a 3208 combo that has been neglected for some time.
The evaporator coil was freezing, so I changed a fully clogged air filter to correct that issue. The machine has been leaking water from the right front side for a long time, " leg is rusty". I have changed the foam gasket on the door, and added a foam gasket for the vending door. Checked for leaks with a inferred thermometer. Can't find any major ones. Now I'm cleaning the condenser coil. Water is accumulating under the delivery box. Any suggestions?

#2 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

#3 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:36 AM

Either the cabinet is not level or you have a crack or gap in the corner of the tank.  Put some plumbers putty there and see if it stops.  Your drain is clear and flowing, right?

#5 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

The drain pan is overflowing. Tech support says the gasket on the delivery door should be magnetic. It is very hot and humid in the location, but I hope this works. I have done everything I can to fix this machine.

#6 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

And the machine was level, but tech support said to tilt it towards the back. I don't think the drain box is designed to overfill even though it has a spout on the top side.

#7 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

Okay, now I realize what model machine you're using.  These are the worst cooling units ever designed by USI.  The cooling units are glued together making it nearly impossible to work on.  They are also in a machine that has more air leaks than most chilled machines and there's nothing you can do moisture infiltration.  It's just a poorly designed machine. 

The water leakage does have a possible fix if you're speaking of water running off of the formed plastic pan under the evaporator.  This part is just one example of their poor design being that it has such a short depth and can become easily deformed causing water to not drain from it.  Couple that with the fact that the drain hose leading from this "pan" to the drain pan next to the compressor is coiled up and kinks easily.  I would suspect that if it's this visible drain "pan" that your water is coming from then your drain hose is kinked which stops water flow.  The only way to fix that is to pull the entire cooling unit out and get it on a bench.  Then you can look in the back and, with very skinny arms, use a hose clamp around the kink to try to flatten it out and eliminate the plugged hose.  This is the only fix because you can't remove the hose (thanks, USI) and it is forever kinked.  Once you get the unit out of the machine you'll see why I've been calling this the worst cooling unit ever made (and they're have been others before it). 

Before you pull it out you need to realize that the condenser fan in the back of the cabinet is powered by a VERY short harness from the cooling unit.  You'll need to crawl into the cabinet to the left of the cooling unit to reach and unplug the fan harness - and then to reconnect it when you install the unit later.  Again, a great (not) design by USI.

Good luck with this.

#8 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Okay, I have checked everything and still have a wave of water under the delivery box and the tray with the evaporative pads is overflowing into the cabinet. Called Wittern tech support and there is supposed to be a metal ring that goes around the delivery door. Found that ring stuck to the delivery box floor. Apparently it was installed with 2 way sticky tape from the factory. Great job Wittern! So this might be the last fix. If this doesn't work, I will take it to the firing range for practice.

#9 azaleavending

azaleavending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

Updated:
I installed two springs for each side of the delivery door since tech support said the door should snap back. Also installed the metal ring on the delivery door with JB Weld and then a bead of silicone black around the thing since it wasn't 100% flush. Now it seems like the delivery door is very tight. I noticed moisture on top of the cabinet tonight. The whole door is sagging. This is going to get fun.