• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vending79

Vending79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

I have two 430 nationals that have Mars plastic validators with the switches on the side. What switches need to be set and what do I do I need to do with the board on the machine as far as changing it to a 5 dollar acceptance, thanks I am in a jam,

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:50 PM

Switch 5 is to turn on $5 acceptance but it only works if you have a new enough validator with current software in it AND the logic board supports the 5's.  I don't think this logic board is capable of accepting $5 credits so you are probably stuck with 1's only.  The validator must have a red dotted "i" in the MEI logo on the side or the words Flash Port on the back or the side to allow you to try turning the $5 acceptance on.  If you don't have any of those indicators then your validator is too old to take new 5's. The 430 cold food was National's first turret-style food machine from the 80's after the stopped building their first design of the FM72.  These came out before 5's were even considered for use in vending - prices weren't much over a dollar at that time.

National 431 cold foods are capable of accepting 5's and that was from the beginning of their production in the 90's using a new design of logic board.

#3 Vending79

Vending79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

Thank you so much I will check that.