Close
Photo
- - - - -

Help, soda machine problem driving me nuts!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

I have a dixie narco soda machine. Serial 0129-6200cs, the other number is DNCB368/S2-8. Wont except bills, had the coin exchanger sent in for repairs and hooked back up and all i get is the 3 blinking lights (vendor credit empty) but its not. Also thought it might be my s2 electronics so i replaced that but it has a redlight inside that is blinking like crazy! any thoughts? thank you

#2 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

When the tubes in the changer are half full, and you put in any coin, does it go to the tubes or to the cashbox? Is the light on the board flashing an error, or just flashing randomly?

#3 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

When the tubes in the changer are half full, and you put in any coin, does it go to the tubes or to the cashbox? Is the light on the board flashing an error, or just flashing randomly?

Hi! Thank you for responding. I cant do the coin till tomorrow. The red light on the bill validator blinks 3 times for vendor credit empty. If i look under the panel of the s2 electronic box i see a red light blinking like crazy without a pause(not sure if that means anything or not?)I had the coin changer sent in to be fixed, got it back, filled it to the top with change and plugged it in.(12 pin plug). I will do the coin diagnostics tomorrow and relay what happens.

#4 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

With the mars changer half full of coins everything i put in just drops into the coin return.

#5 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Okay. Right off the batt, I'd say replace the changer. But since you had it repaired, it could be another issue. Check the following on the machine first:

1. There is soda in the machine high enough to cover the sold out paddles.

2. The selections have their prices set at any given increment.

3. The drop down acceptor portion of your changer is plugged into the rest of the changer.

If all these things make no difference, I'd say replace the changer with a known working one, and see what difference is made.

#6 cvending

cvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

Can you tell me what type of coin mech you have? I see that you filled coines and plugged it in. You should never plug in or unplug any validator or coin mech with the power on in the machine. Always power down then plug in. In general, that is procedure for any electronic parts. With the door open look at the lower lefthand corner of the machine. You will see mounted on the base the power cord for the compressor unit. Just below that, there is a line that has a small barrell looking piece in-line. Pull that apart. It will kill all power to the door. Wait 5 seconds and put back together. Notice that the 2 posts on jthe cord are different sizes. Be sure to put them back the same way you disconnected the plug. That should reset the machine.

#7 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

Okay. Right off the batt, I'd say replace the changer. But since you had it repaired, it could be another issue. Check the following on the machine first:

1. There is soda in the machine high enough to cover the sold out paddles.

2. The selections have their prices set at any given increment.

3. The drop down acceptor portion of your changer is plugged into the rest of the changer.

If all these things make no difference, I'd say replace the changer with a known working one, and see what difference is made.

I will try to unplug power to machine and do all replies then plug back in. Wont be till tomorrow though. Thank you so much

g.

#8 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Can you tell me what type of coin mech you have? I see that you filled coines and plugged it in. You should never plug in or unplug any validator or coin mech with the power on in the machine. Always power down then plug in. In general, that is procedure for any electronic parts. With the door open look at the lower lefthand corner of the machine. You will see mounted on the base the power cord for the compressor unit. Just below that, there is a line that has a small barrell looking piece in-line. Pull that apart. It will kill all power to the door. Wait 5 seconds and put back together. Notice that the 2 posts on jthe cord are different sizes. Be sure to put them back the same way you disconnected the plug. That should reset the machine.

well no matter what i tried still the light blinks for vendor credit empty. no change with it connected or not connected to the machine. The coin mech is a TRC-6000. I'm stumped.

#9 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Well, try replacing the coin mech. It is possible it wasn't repaired correctly last time.

#10 MVSJOHN

MVSJOHN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

well no matter what i tried still the light blinks for vendor credit empty. no change with it connected or not connected to the machine. The coin mech is a TRC-6000. I'm stumped.

Have you tried multiple purchases using nickles and quarters?I had to do that with a Dixie soda machine to let the computer know there was change in the machine.
John

#11 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Well, try replacing the coin mech. It is possible it wasn't repaired correctly last time.

The motherboard was replaced on the coin mech so im gussing i have to reset the tuning pins and re tune it?

#12 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

If the motherboard was replaced, the changer should have been tuned. I sent you a PM.

#13 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

I have a dixie narco soda machine. Serial 0129-6200cs, the other number is DNCB368/S2-8. Wont except bills, had the coin exchanger sent in for repairs and hooked back up and all i get is the 3 blinking lights (vendor credit empty) but its not. Also thought it might be my s2 electronics so i replaced that but it has a redlight inside that is blinking like crazy! any thoughts? thank you

I'm confused you said "Wont except bills" why did you send the coinmech for repair? Why did you change control board? What validator do you have? Does the Validator go through a start up when you power the machine up? Does the coin mech take change if you unplug the Validator?Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#14 johnviner02

johnviner02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'm confused you said "Wont except bills" why did you send the coinmech for repair? Why did you change control board? What validator do you have? Does the Validator go through a start up when you power the machine up? Does the coin mech take change if you unplug the Validator?Just a thought.
Vend1ng

some how the motherboard on the coin mech needed replaced which capital vending found. The bill validator does go through a start up when the machine is powered up but the light blinks on it saying vendor credit empty. capital vending said that one of the motors that push out the pop might not be in the "home"position or one of the relays are not working for the motors. I will try tomorrow to unplug the validator and try the coin mech. The s2 electronics on the machine has a system diagnostics button but im not sure if that will help me or not.The bill validator stopped taking bills so we looked into it and found out the coin mech might have been the problem. well we thought.

#15 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

some how the motherboard on the coin mech needed replaced which capital vending found. The bill validator does go through a start up when the machine is powered up but the light blinks on it saying vendor credit empty. capital vending said that one of the motors that push out the pop might not be in the "home"position or one of the relays are not working for the motors. I will try tomorrow to unplug the validator and try the coin mech. The s2 electronics on the machine has a system diagnostics button but im not sure if that will help me or not.The bill validator stopped taking bills so we looked into it and found out the coin mech might have been the problem. well we thought.

What kind of validator?
Vend1ng

#16 PandJ

PandJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

I know this is outdated topic, but I found it on a search trying to solve similar problem.  I believe the vender change/empty error is not the bill validator, but the change machine.  If the change machine does not have at least a few of each type of coin (q, d, n).  Make sure you change dispenser has coins in it, if error persists, check wire connectors, if still persisits, get coin changer repaired.  PandJ