3 replies to this topic

#1 Gamevend

Gamevend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

I've built my route using mostly AP 6000 and 7000 series snack machines. I've been in business for 5 years. I've found that they are really good machines and I haven't had many problems but I also understand that they are getting old. Right now I am going through another cycle of expansion and I have been buying more 6000 and 7000's and have been putting the upgraded smart boards with MDB and guarantees guaranteed vend. My question is how long are these machines going to be viable. Should I start spending more money and buying newer machines? Or, am I doing the right thing by taking these older machines and dressing them up? That way I have a completely upgraded machine with newer technology for less? What advantages would I have with buying newer machines if any? What do you guys think?

#2 cvending

cvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

The AP 6000/7000 are workhorses. By upgrading to the smart boards you will save money. I believe they will be available for quite a while yet. The only advantage to buying new machines is the resale value. If you are not planning on selling them any time soon, I would save the money and upgrade.

#3 Gamevend

Gamevend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for your help

#4 Steve Pixley

Steve Pixley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

The AP 6000 is just 27 5/8” deep (great for a narrow door opening) while the 6000XL is 35” deep. The trays and spirals (coils) in the AP 6000 are slightly shorter (less deep) due to the cabinet depth resulting in less capacity for the AP 6000. Everything else about these models is identical.