1 reply to this topic

#1 hungryrobotvending

hungryrobotvending

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi everyone:

I have an AMS Sensit II vending machine with an issue. I have only been vending for a year now, so I am very new at the repair side of the business. So far all I have done with this machine is replace the ballast for the light on it and unjammed the coin changer.

Lately the bottom two rows on the right hand side will only free-vend. In other words, if you choose a product from one of them, the coil turns, pauses a second, then continues to turn like no product was vended at all. It says to choose another selection and doesn't acknowledge that something fell. So I have had to leave these two rows empty because they give out whatever is in them for free all day. I thought it might be a setting like the pause or the home setting - but they are not turned on. All those settings are default normal. I thought it might be a sensor issue, but I can't figure out how to figure out what. The sensor is working for the other rows, so I thought maybe it was one side vs. the other and the sensor on the right side, I guess that's the secondary one, wasn't lit. So I thought, "Ah - it's dead!", but then I read the manual a little, and I think that one just bounces the light back to the primary, so it probably doesn't have a red light on it like the primary does. So I think I am wrong.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this issue? I would appreciate any ideas. It's frustrating because it's a pretty active machine and I am down two rows that I could be using. I don't want to blindly replace the sensors - they are about $130 and $60 respectively.

Thanks!

- Steve

#2 cvending

cvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Steve, I sent you a message. Please check.