2 replies to this topic

#1 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

I want to make sure that I don't overprice but don't underprice myself on this hotel account. I plan to offer them 10% commission and thats it. No higher! I sell chips at .50 and pland to sell for .60. Thats not a problem but are my prices for candy,pastry, and snacks to high? Candy .85, Pastry.90, and snacks .75? What would you do?

#2 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

I want to make sure that I don't overprice but don't underprice myself on this hotel account. I plan to offer them 10% commission and thats it. No higher! I sell chips at .50 and pland to sell for .60. Thats not a problem but are my prices for candy,pastry, and snacks to high? Candy .85, Pastry.90, and snacks .75? What would you do?

I believe your prices are reasonable. What kind of hotel? Is a Mariott or a Motel 6? Check out hotels in the area. See what they are charging. That should give you a good idea of where to set your prices.

Good Luck!!

Lee

#3 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I would be reluctant to take a hotel. Too many of them want a machine on every floor and there's not likely to be much traffic. I don't know... maybe you're putting a single snack machine in a common area on the main floor? Even with that, I wouldn't antipate getting much business out of it. Especially with having to charge higher prices because of having to pay a commission (even though your prices are fair, a lot of customers won't buy snacks they perceive as too expensive).

How many machines are you placing there, and what kind of traffic are you expecting?