#1 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

Hey,

Does anyone have any experience servicing church's? How do they do? If you have any how many members does the church have and how much does it bring in? Thanks!

#2 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

I never had any vending machines in a church but I have dealt with them in the OCS side of business. Some of them a good amount of coffee and allied products.

#3 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I never had any vending machines in a church but I have dealt with them in the OCS side of business. Some of them a good amount of coffee and allied products.

Pardon my ignorance.....but what does OCS stand for???

Lee

#4 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:10 AM

Office Coffee Service

#5 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Office Coffee Service

Thanks!!!

Lee

#6 C & J Enterprises

C & J Enterprises

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

How does selling coffee to offices work out? You sell the coffee to them and provide the brewing equipment? How much profit can you make? Clearly the demand is there but how easy is it to get into places with that?

C&J

#7 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Thanks!!!

Lee

I have a machine in a church. It is my worst machine. It does terrible. They have about 500 members and 6 fulltime staff. I might pull $18 on a good week. I will pull it when I find a new location for it. I did get a refferal for a good location from having the machine there though.

JD

#8 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

You supply them a quality coffee brewer such as a Bunn, install in their kitchen area and they purchase their coffee and allied products from you. The church buys and provides free to members and staff. You need to stop every 2 weeks to check and resupply them. Put their inventory on a par system so they never run out or have excess. You won't make a killing but some of them will buy quite a bit of coffee supplies. An extra 75-100 dollars a month in profits go to your bottom line. After 10, they start to make an impact. A church with 500 members should use quite a bit of coffee usually, I don't know why yours is so low.
Example: 1 bx of coffee (42 packs) has $10 markup.
1 case of 1000-8 oz. cups = $10 markup
1 cannister of creamer/sugar = .90 markup
1 box of 50 packs instant hot choc. = $5 markup
If they are along a present route, then it makes sense to service. You can also add a $2 fuel surcharge per invoice.

#9 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

After 10? What do you mean by that? Also, can you give me an example from off the sams website of the kind of coffee you would use and what you would price them at? I'm confused about which pack to buy, wether its in 12 cup packets or the big cans.

#10 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

After 10? What do you mean by that? Also, can you give me an example from off the sams website of the kind of coffee you would use and what you would price them at? I'm confused about which pack to buy, wether its in 12 cup packets or the big cans.

#11 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'm sorry that I didn't explain well enough. I mean after you acquire more of these OCS accounts, such as 10, that you are usually close to on your vending route anyway, they can add up to quite a substantial impact on your cash flow. Of course you do have to invoice them, but churches are usually good fast payers. I order the OCS packed coffee that is packed 42 to a box. Sometimes the accounts will pay a premium for the filter packs, less trouble and easier for the customer. I do not know about Sam's coffee, I buy from a vend distributor.

Other good incremental OCS accounts:

Medium sized offices that give their employees free coffee
Convenient Stores - Beware of the Kwicky Marts run by foreigners as they always try to beat you down on price and are slow payers
Some industries also offer their employees free coffee. I always ask when giving a proposal or bid.
Attorney offices
Some Banks, parts store, electrical & plumbing supply will set up and buy from you.

Equipment Cost:
Pourover Coffee Brewers appx. $200
Plumb-in Automatics w/faucet $500
Commercial Tea Brewers appx. $800

#12 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

What brand of coffee do you use that comes 42 to a pack? What is a filter pack? What is plumb in automatics with faucet? Could you by chance email and example of your proposals that you have to get OCS accounts? I would really appreciate it. I have been trying to understand the coffee part more and more but really need help. Thanks

#13 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

What brand of coffee do you use that comes 42 to a pack? What is a filter pack? What is plumb in automatics with faucet? Could you by chance email and example of your proposals that you have to get OCS accounts? I would really appreciate it. I have been trying to understand the coffee part more and more but really need help. Thanks

OCS coffee comes in a box of 42 packs that make a 12 cup pot per pack. You will use filters with these. The filter packs are just the coffee for 1 pot already in a filter. More convenient, but more expensive.
Make you a nice brochure stating what equipment you will install, service intervals, cleaning procedures and schedule, along with prices, then just start stopping at prospective accounts and asking if they would like to have this service. This is how it begins.

This link will take you to a site that can explain different brewers. Hopes this helps.

http://www.bunnomati...ml#CWTF3lowerDV

#14 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

I almost have my first ocs account. I just need your help with one more thing. in vending you can determine about what you will make at a location. For example, 100 employee account would approximately bring in around 2.00 - 2.50 per person (my experience). My question is how do I measure what an ocs account would bring in?

#15 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

I almost have my first ocs account. I just need your help with one more thing. in vending you can determine about what you will make at a location. For example, 100 employee account would approximately bring in around 2.00 - 2.50 per person (my experience). My question is how do I measure what an ocs account would bring in?

I'm not sure that I am following you correctly on what you mean about gauging sales. Is the account purchasing the coffee supplies for their employees and providing it free of charge or are you expecting the employees to pay for it? Need more information to give a good estimate of sales performa.

#16 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

I mean how do I qualify locatoions on how much sales I would receive from them? How many cups per day would employees drink?

#17 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

When it's free to the employees they usually drink and waste a lot of coffee and allied products. 100 employee location should do well.

#18 momof3

momof3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

My church has a vending machine inside and I've also seen them at other churches so there is a market for them in these places....