• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 billkozeal

billkozeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

OK, I fell for the 1800 vending hype without doing my homework! I have 10 machines on the way. am I screwed?

#2 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Not entirely.. It really depends on the type of locations. Though I do not own these machines, I have heard they are not that bad...just overprice!!!!

Lee

#3 pusherman

pusherman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

no just dont buy anymore at that price. get them placed and start to get your money back. next time buy better machines for less money. or get some used machines in good condition. you can get them cheap just look around.

Not entirely.. It really depends on the type of locations. Though I do not own these machines, I have heard they are not that bad...just overprice!!!!

Lee

#4 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:06 AM

How come no homework? The one positive thing to come out of this will be your new found insight on how 'not' to get into vending. Look at it this way, you have now lived and learned. You will have first hand experience to share when people ask about 1800 vending. Your insight will be most useful as you will have intimate knowledge instead of "he said, she said" experience with the company. Keep us posted as to how these work for you either on here or at my site. Link below.

Good luck to you!

#5 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

"Homework"? My friend you have fell for the 1-800 hype! Good luck with thoes. If you would have dug a little further, you would have not bought those 1-800 crap.

K.G.

#6 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for your constructive criticizm Kyle!

#7 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

I have strong feeling against 1-800. I am sorry is it up set anyone, but i kinda get angry when I here that name!

K.G.

#8 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

I am sorry Steve, but I have very strong feelings against 1-800. So overrated, and all thay can do is open there big mouths give you false numbers, and make people think thay can live off 20 machines! I get so much crap e-mails from them it is not funny!

#9 bulkvending.blogspot.com

bulkvending.blogspot.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Flying Planes, Small Business, Stocks

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Hi,

Here is an article from the BulkVending Blog that we did on 1-800 Vending

Click on the link below and it will take you to this exact artilce. You will have to scroll down to see the article.
There were a couple of comments also left at the end of this article you might find useful.

http://bulkvending.b...g-machines.html

This might give you some insight.

At least you only got 10 machines. Try it out and look at it as experience gained.
You may do OK with them, it will just take you allot longer to get your Return on investment unless they got you smoking locations.

Look at it as an experiment and get your next 10 from somewhere else. My suggestion is not to just look at cheap machines.
Look for Quality at the best possible cost to you. To start out though, getting cheaper machines is probably better to decide if this is really the business for you. Once you decide you really like this business and you plan on staying in it long term then you might want to invest in some better quality higher cost machines like Beaver etc etc..

#10 kennr

kennr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have Been In Vending Over 40 years

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

I am sorry Steve, but I have very strong feelings against 1-800. So overrated, and all thay can do is open there big mouths give you false numbers, and make people think thay can live off 20 machines! I get so much crap e-mails from them it is not funny!

I am sorry you got burned and understand your strong feelings I see ads all the time that get me mad too like the one in the paper that says make $800 a day. You can make $800 a day if you have enough machine and go out and service them all on that one day a month. I get e-mails a lot from people that have been burned by a lot of the ads and how they word them to get you to buy. Or the people they have you call to verify how rich they are getting.

#11 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

I am sorry you got burned and understand your strong feelings I see ads all the time that get me mad too like the one in the paper that says make $800 a day. You can make $800 a day if you have enough machine and go out and service them all on that one day a month. I get e-mails a lot from people that have been burned by a lot of the ads and how they word them to get you to buy. Or the people they have you call to verify how rich they are getting.

I also get pissed off at that add. I would like to contact paper and say they are printing a scam. But I guess all comes down to buyer beware!!

Lee

#12 billkozeal

billkozeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

Thanks to everyone for your info. I did recently luck out and we got a kick butt location at brand new indoor waterpark with a restaurant, gift shop, arcade with a 300 room hotel all in one facility. A buddy of mine is the GM and is giving me exclusive rights to vend there.

#13 davidsurvz

davidsurvz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:45 AM

OK, I fell for the 1800 vending hype without doing my homework! I have 10 machines on the way. am I screwed?

I personally think that these are some of the best machines out there. They have quality that is up there at the top. I looked into their deal from the website and received some pricing from them. If you just buy machines from them and nothing else. You overpaid. If you buy the business packages and get the entire plan. It is a good business package......... Still overpriced but a good plan. I bought my 1800 machines off ebay. It is tough to get a good deal sometimes because timing can be off but I have been fortunate with my purchases. I think 1800 is a very well marketed company and they have put together some good business packages. Again, I think they are overpriced but with the package you are buying a complete business. For some people that is the way to go, some of us don't have any use for biz-ops but some people it works out well for. The complete package deals cost more so people and sometimes people try to save money and just buy the machines. It's a good way to save money but a lot of people buy the machines, get 1 or 2 locations on their own and don't make the 40.00 to 50.00 $ / mo. off each machine that the sales guy said they would and then dump the machines to try to recoup some of their investment. Vending just like any other business takes time and effort to build up. As long as you keep locating your machines you'll do fine.

I wish you success in your endeavor....... AND YOU HAVE SOME NICE MACHINES ON THE WAY.

David

#14 davidsurvz

davidsurvz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:48 AM

I personally think that these are some of the best machines out there. They have quality that is up there at the top. I looked into their deal from the website and received some pricing from them. If you just buy machines from them and nothing else. You overpaid. If you buy the business packages and get the entire plan. It is a good business package......... Still overpriced but a good plan. I bought my 1800 machines off ebay. It is tough to get a good deal sometimes because timing can be off but I have been fortunate with my purchases. I think 1800 is a very well marketed company and they have put together some good business packages. Again, I think they are overpriced but with the package you are buying a complete business. For some people that is the way to go, some of us don't have any use for biz-ops but some people it works out well for. The complete package deals cost more so people and sometimes people try to save money and just buy the machines. It's a good way to save money but a lot of people buy the machines, get 1 or 2 locations on their own and don't make the 40.00 to 50.00 $ / mo. off each machine that the sales guy said they would and then dump the machines to try to recoup some of their investment. Vending just like any other business takes time and effort to build up. As long as you keep locating your machines you'll do fine.

I wish you success in your endeavor....... AND YOU HAVE SOME NICE MACHINES ON THE WAY.

David