Close
Photo
- - - - -

dead bill acceptor help (coinco ba30b) ?

vending repair vending troubleshooting vending machines

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

hi buying a dn368 , guy who is selling it is not in vending, he just got it free somewhere machine looked to work good but the bill acceptor didnt work. wondering if its something simple or needs to be replaced.

basically i plugged it into the coin mech, but no LED lights showed on the motherboard. acceptor would not take dollars and didnt make the "clicking ' noise when i opened the bill box. when i powered down the door and powered it back on the led went on for a second and the bill box made the "clicking" noise like normal but it didnt seem to fix anything. i took the lower housing out of the acceptor everything seemed fine with it. no jammed bill or anything so far as i can tell. any ideas?

i do have spare bill acceptors however i never replaced one before, so if anyone has directions on how i do that, i would appreciate it.

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

hi buying a dn368 , guy who is selling it is not in vending, he just got it free somewhere machine looked to work good but the bill acceptor didnt work. wondering if its something simple or needs to be replaced.

basically i plugged it into the coin mech, but no LED lights showed on the motherboard. acceptor would not take dollars and didnt make the "clicking ' noise when i opened the bill box. when i powered down the door and powered it back on the led went on for a second and the bill box made the "clicking" noise like normal but it didnt seem to fix anything. i took the lower housing out of the acceptor everything seemed fine with it. no jammed bill or anything so far as i can tell. any ideas?

i do have spare bill acceptors however i never replaced one before, so if anyone has directions on how i do that, i would appreciate it.

Did the coinmech have coins in it? It takes about 10 coins each in the coin tubes before the validator will accept. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

I agree with Vend1ng. Check the coin tube levels. I usually fill them half way to test the validator. However, if the validator is not even flashing a light, then it could very well need replaced. In the event that the coin tube levels are below requirements, the validator SHOULD flash an error code indicating disablement from the coin mech due to the change levels. If the validator is not even flashing an error, then it could need replaced. I can give you instructions if you want to try it. It would help to put a different one in to see if there is a difference.

#4 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

I agree with Vend1ng. Check the coin tube levels. I usually fill them half way to test the validator. However, if the validator is not even flashing a light, then it could very well need replaced. In the event that the coin tube levels are below requirements, the validator SHOULD flash an error code indicating disablement from the coin mech due to the change levels. If the validator is not even flashing an error, then it could need replaced. I can give you instructions if you want to try it. It would help to put a different one in to see if there is a difference.

the machine had validator but not coin mech, i used a coin mech that was working and completely full of change so i know that wasnt the issue, on another forum technivend send it might have been the fact the machine didnt have any product in it, do you know if the light would flash/go on if the machine was empty?

also if you have directions on replacing id appreciate it just for general knowledge or in case i need to swap it out anyway, i have spare working replacements

#5 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

If this is a soda machine, then yes, that can be the problem. A soda machine has to know that there is soda in it before it will accept any currency. As for a snack machine, unless it was made within the past two years, I would be very surprised if it could tell if the machine was empty. I am not even sure if that technology is yet available for most snack machines, although I know that it is being developed. So if it is a snack machine, I would say that is not the problem either. You said you have a DN 368, which is probably a soda machine, so try it with product in the one of the rows if that is the case. Your validator should be secured in its mounting by four nuts on all for corners, top and bottom. Remove the nuts with a sockets set or pliers. Depending on the model of machine and the location of the validator, the nuts may be difficult to access. I can usually reach even the hardest to reach nuts in those cases with an extended socket, or a pair of good needle-nose pliers. Once you have the nuts out, you'll need to make sure that validator is unplugged from the machine. The validator could have two different white ended plugs on it, although both may not be used depending on your set up. Make sure that you TURN THE POWER OFF BEFORE UNPLUGGING OR UNINSTALLING. If you have any other questions, let me know.

#6 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

the machine had validator but not coin mech, i used a coin mech that was working and completely full of change so i know that wasnt the issue, on another forum technivend send it might have been the fact the machine didnt have any product in it, do you know if the light would flash/go on if the machine was empty?

also if you have directions on replacing id appreciate it just for general knowledge or in case i need to swap it out anyway, i have spare working replacements

YES, You need pop in at least one selection for the validator to accept. When you power up the machine you should hear the vali run through a brief start up sequence with or without pop. If you do not hear the start up you have no power to the vali. There are a few different types of ways to run the vali depending on witch mech your using we need to determine what harnessing you have and what mech you are trying to use. If vali runs start up, pop in machine, coin mech takes coins and vends. Then system is working then there should be a red error code flashingm if not we will go from there.
Vend1ng

#7 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

YES, You need pop in at least one selection for the validator to accept. When you power up the machine you should hear the vali run through a brief start up sequence with or without pop. If you do not hear the start up you have no power to the vali. There are a few different types of ways to run the vali depending on witch mech your using we need to determine what harnessing you have and what mech you are trying to use. If vali runs start up, pop in machine, coin mech takes coins and vends. Then system is working then there should be a red error code flashingm if not we will go from there.
Vend1ng

i loaded the machine and mech, the red light came on, no warning codes flashed it was steady so looked like it was working, put a bill in, the bill was accepted into the stacker, but it did not put any credit on to the machine.

the mech appears to work right with coins, do u think the validator is bad or i should try a diff mech first?

#8 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Try switching changers out first. If this doesn't change anything, I would replace the validator and see what happens.

#9 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Helping people understand and repair their own equipment.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

You indicated above that you used a coin changer that you knew was good. Was it hooked to a validator of the same kind and worked? Was it hooked to a different type of validator? If the coin changer was hooked up to the same type of validator and worked, then almost certainly you have a defective validator. If the coin changer just worked, then I agree wiht H4UV, that you should try swapping the coin mech, but you should do it with one that is known to work with validator to be sure. There could be more, but this is the most logical first step in testing the problem.

#10 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

You indicated above that you used a coin changer that you knew was good. Was it hooked to a validator of the same kind and worked? Was it hooked to a different type of validator? If the coin changer was hooked up to the same type of validator and worked, then almost certainly you have a defective validator. If the coin changer just worked, then I agree wiht H4UV, that you should try swapping the coin mech, but you should do it with one that is known to work with validator to be sure. There could be more, but this is the most logical first step in testing the problem.

hey sorry i should have clarified ... i tested the machine with one mech (that was connected to a maka not ba30) but when i installed on location i used a different mech because the one i used to test had an issue dispensing dimes, i only used it to test because it was already full of change as it had just been pulled. the one i installed in it was never used by me before, though i got it from a repair guy who claims he bench tested it before selling it to me. im gonna try replacing the mech tomorrow with a known working one

#11 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

hey sorry i should have clarified ... i tested the machine with one mech (that was connected to a maka not ba30) but when i installed on location i used a different mech because the one i used to test had an issue dispensing dimes, i only used it to test because it was already full of change as it had just been pulled. the one i installed in it was never used by me before, though i got it from a repair guy who claims he bench tested it before selling it to me. im gonna try replacing the mech tomorrow with a known working one

OK, I'll look for your reply...hope that is all it is. If you need it repaired, let me know...that is what we do.

#12 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Still need to know what your using, what mech, what harness. It could be as simple as you don't have the right switch turned on in the mech. If its accepting but not crediting. The credit line on ba30 is polarized if you've taken it apart or somebody else has they can get that connector reversed. I need to know what harness flat 4 w/a 6 pin, flat black with a 9 pin connector, a piggy back connector, a MDB connector, 12pin to flat 4 w/6pin?. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#13 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

nevermind it was the mech or harness

#14 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Still need to know what your using, what mech, what harness. It could be as simple as you don't have the right switch turned on in the mech. If its accepting but not crediting. The credit line on ba30 is polarized if you've taken it apart or somebody else has they can get that connector reversed. I need to know what harness flat 4 w/a 6 pin, flat black with a 9 pin connector, a piggy back connector, a MDB connector, 12pin to flat 4 w/6pin?. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

flat w/ 6 pin. i have the right jumper turned on for dollar accept i compared it to another mech that was working

#15 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

flat w/ 6 pin. i have the right jumper turned on for dollar accept i compared it to another mech that was working

What is the make and model of the coin changer? We can all tell you a lot from knowing that..In addition what kind of harness does the validator use? How many pins are are used at the coin changer connection end. 6,9....more? ;)

#16 MVSJOHN

MVSJOHN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

dogcow,
Did you get this working yet?If not I had the same problem and I was reading about it and found out that the wire harness on the coin mech can have a short in it.I swapped the harness out of another mech and the problem was fixed.Only took 2 weeks to find this out.Good luck,
John
Andersonvending from another site

#17 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

dogcow,
Did you get this working yet?If not I had the same problem and I was reading about it and found out that the wire harness on the coin mech can have a short in it.I swapped the harness out of another mech and the problem was fixed.Only took 2 weeks to find this out.Good luck,
John
Andersonvending from another site

thanks! no, i didnt try switching the wire harness. good idea though ill try swapping it out. i have a lot of spare coin mechs so i just put it aside for now.

#18 Vending Chat

Vending Chat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Cleaning of vending machine bill acceptor tips in short video footage

#19 merryjerry

merryjerry

• Members
  • Pip