Close
Photo

Rookie Question - Should I buy an existing route?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rookie

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

I've decided to get into the vending business - and taking some clues from some of you veterans on here - I'm definitely going to start slow. (a few at a time)
However - does anyone feel strongly about buying an existing route with machines and product in place? What is a good system to determine cash-flow/profit? I have TONS of questions about this and would love to chat with anyone with experience that is willing to help. Am in California. Thanks.

#2 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

I've decided to get into the vending business - and taking some clues from some of you veterans on here - I'm definitely going to start slow. (a few at a time)
However - does anyone feel strongly about buying an existing route with machines and product in place? What is a good system to determine cash-flow/profit? I have TONS of questions about this and would love to chat with anyone with experience that is willing to help. Am in California. Thanks.

Buying a route can be fine but it is a difficult process. A lot of factors to consider when buying a route. Locations, equipment, gross revenue, profit margins, how long in business, etc. I am speaking from a full line vending operator but the same principals would apply for most any vending.

#3 Blue Moose

Blue Moose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Vending

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Sure, give me a call at 909-583-9068
Poplady

#4 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

Depending on the machines involved, I would pay no more than $30 for the location and $50 for triple head machine. If' it's a single gumball head, the it should be no more than $40. So you should have a range of $70-$80 per location. It doesn't really matter how well the seller says the route does, because as soon as he sells it to you, the numbers can change, and you really don't know if he's exaggerating or not.
The figures I quoted above are based the amount it would cost you to build your own similar route. The $30 is the minimum that most locators will charge to find you a location, and the cost of the machines are what they are worth used. It doesn't matter how much they cost new, because, well, they just aren't new, are they?

Where abouts in California are you from?