2 replies to this topic

#1 rmorris1953

rmorris1953

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Fishing when I have Time

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

I have a national 147 snack vendor the bill validator won't accept bills. New coin changer thinking it wasn't seeing the tubes, new main controller, new interface board, 4 mars 2500 110 volt bill validators.
When you put bill in' it will pull it in and then give it back. The validator will then start short cycles. Replace harness on validator also. One thing I did notice the display will read ready but the R will light all 16 segments briefly when you insert the bill. Its like its checking something and then gets canceled. :wacko:

#2 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have a national 147 snack vendor the bill validator won't accept bills. New coin changer thinking it wasn't seeing the tubes, new main controller, new interface board, 4 mars 2500 110 volt bill validators.
When you put bill in' it will pull it in and then give it back. The validator will then start short cycles. Replace harness on validator also. One thing I did notice the display will read ready but the R will light all 16 segments briefly when you insert the bill. Its like its checking something and then gets canceled. :wacko:

Okay, I am not trying to insult you just trying to get a handle on this. Is this a machine you just aquired or have you had it a while. The reason I ask is "Did it ever work in the first place"? I had a pepsi machine that kind of did the same thing. Question: Will the machine take coins and give change? and Have you tried a different brand of validator like a coinco? I am wondering if a different validator will do the same thing and if it does we can eliminate the validator. Let me know, I will help if I can

Snack Dude

#3 rmorris1953

rmorris1953

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Fishing when I have Time

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

FYI on a national 147 you have to select the bills you want to accept on the main board. Board was traded out but the bills weren't set up ie ones and fives. You go into configuration scroll down to serial validator enter action and push one for ones and five for fives. So it ends up a simple thing that wasn't seen in the manual. Thanks for the info tho

Roger