Close
Photo

u-turn terminator 8 canister 300 on good location?

u-turn location terminator

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi guys new to the community, so this guy on craigslist wants to sell me a uturn terminator 8 section/canister machine in a bar for 300. Seems a bit steep, at first he was asking 600 seemed really steep, but wanted to start with one established machine to begin then maybe expand. Should I negotiate further and risk losing the sale? He has a good relationship with the bar owner, in which Im obligated to give him 20% along with the opportunity to expand in the establsihment...was thinking about maybe adding a breathalyzer machine to the location as well....what do you guys think?

also considering buy 3 vendstar 3000's for 75 cash, or 4 u-turns for 400 all keyed the same...whats everyone's advice.

I wont start with more than 4 machines, being that I'm very new and only looking at it as a small investment/hobby.

#2 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

got a couple possible locations today, maybe it would just be better to get lower priced machines, maybe I can place them in a couple of weeks myself. Would be less time to recoup my investment with more machines I'm thinking.

#3 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

#4 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

do these look okay? I know its hard to tell but the glass seems foggy or not very clear...is this normal typically? sorry I know its hard to tell from one pic, but would like any words of advice. Thanks!

#5 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

supposed to meet the guy about these machines any advice would be appreciated!

#6 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hi guys new to the community, so this guy on craigslist wants to sell me a uturn terminator 8 section/canister machine in a bar for 300. Seems a bit steep, at first he was asking 600 seemed really steep, but wanted to start with one established machine to begin then maybe expand. Should I negotiate further and risk losing the sale? He has a good relationship with the bar owner, in which Im obligated to give him 20% along with the opportunity to expand in the establsihment...was thinking about maybe adding a breathalyzer machine to the location as well....what do you guys think?

also considering buy 3 vendstar 3000's for 75 cash, or 4 u-turns for 400 all keyed the same...whats everyone's advice.

I wont start with more than 4 machines, being that I'm very new and only looking at it as a small investment/hobby.

i dont do bulk vending but 300 for a gumball machine in a bar is outrageous i would say no

#7 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

i dont do bulk vending but 300 for a gumball machine in a bar is outrageous i would say no

well atleast thanks for your feedback, GREAT FORUM lol

#8 railtrailed

railtrailed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

300 for a machine in a bar might not be too outrageous if it does 25- 30 bucks a month and it is in good condition. Those machines you have a picture of are quite crappy, DO NOT buy. Notice how almost everything is plastic? This equals poor quality. Get some high quality double heads from Seaga, Beaver, or Northwestern, you can usually find some nice ones on ebay. You may have to be patient but they will list at some point. On the bar machine it may be a good idea for you to get some revenue right away, not too bad a price. I would go see the machine with the guy and offer him 175 cash on the spot, if he says no, say 200 right now, if no again say 250. He will most likely go for 250 if not 200.

#9 breakpoint10

breakpoint10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

good point, i did it on the phone 200 and he said no, i should have done it on the spot. much more effective with cash in hand, oh well you learn, but thanks for the advice :)

#10 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

300 for a machine in a bar might not be too outrageous if it does 25- 30 bucks a month and it is in good condition. Those machines you have a picture of are quite crappy, DO NOT buy. Notice how almost everything is plastic? This equals poor quality. Get some high quality double heads from Seaga, Beaver, or Northwestern, you can usually find some nice ones on ebay. You may have to be patient but they will list at some point. On the bar machine it may be a good idea for you to get some revenue right away, not too bad a price. I would go see the machine with the guy and offer him 175 cash on the spot, if he says no, say 200 right now, if no again say 250. He will most likely go for 250 if not 200.

im not sure what the margins are in bulk vending but with those #s it would take 10 months (on the high end) just to gross $300, probably over a year for a return. you could buy a damn drink machine for $300 and get your return 2-3x faster but i digress. i see those u-turn machines on CL all the time for under a $100, you just gotta place it.

#11 the25vendguy

the25vendguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

seems too high. I would not buy ALL of them, but maybe one or two of the best condition machines.

However, i have read on this site that theses machines hold too much supply and are not effecient as a result

#12 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

For bars, bulk vending can go either way with revinue. If you're really interested, just check out the machine and check it out again a week or two later. If you don't see the machine being cleared out, it's not worth 300.

#13 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

supposed to meet the guy about these machines any advice would be appreciated!

If you buy those machines for $300 each, you will be trying to sell them for $100 a year from now.
A candy location should only cost you about $35 - $45 tops. That's what the locating companies will charge you for a reasonable machine. They will charge you more for those yellow beasties because they are harder to locate.

#14 The Mick

The Mick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Dperry, who charges 35 to 45 dollars for candy machines? The ones i know charge 60 or so.

#15 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Dperry, who charges 35 to 45 dollars for candy machines? The ones i know charge 60 or so.

You should do some more reading, on here and on other vending blogs. A simple check on the kickstart page shows their prices for single candy machines. $39.99 for one location. Disregard their regular prices. They are perpetually having a sale.
http://kickstartloca...SingleHead.html

#16 bruce huang

bruce huang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hi friends,

We are an ice vending machine manufacturer in China.

We produce coin and bill operated automatic ice vending machine with bagging system, and without bagging system.

The machine is suitably placed at convenient stores, marinas, car washes, streets, gas stations...

If you are interest in these machines and want more information, please feel free to contact chunsuncn(at)gmail.com

Bruce Huang