• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 promocom

promocom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm trying to find some generic electric motors to replace the expensive stacker motors in the Mars 2000 series validators. I've seen some that are close on the internet, but I need to know the rpm's and the shaft thickness. So if anyone knows or has any suggestions would be cool.

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

You may not find the correct part or that the part is not your actual problem because the circuit board can slow the motor down. If you'd PM me I can get you an exchange bill validator that is factory rebuilt. That way you aren't throwing parts at a unit only to find that there are other underlying problems that keep it from working. When a validator has been in service long enough to develop any problem, it's usually old enough to require a rebuild.

#3 promocom

promocom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for the offer... But right now Im learning on a couple of spares to clean and replace the belts and motors if needed. I've ordered a couple motors in case. So if the board turns out to be the problem I'm not above doing board repairs too, though having a schematic would help a lot.