• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oliviak

oliviak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

I have a Dixie Narco 501T/280-7 vending machine. The machine is cooling well and when I press the switch for each individual motor I can get a pop to dispense. However, when I put money into the machine, it automatically goes to the change return. Sometimes, when I plug in the coin mech, it makes a loud buzzing noise. Other times, it makes no sound at all. Although we are still not positive the coin mechanism is the problem, do you have any idea which coin mechanisms are compatible with this vending machine? The one currently in it is a Mars 6200. Is this the same one I should get or is there an upgraded one I should be looking at? I do not have a manual for the vending machine or the coin mech. Also, do you think the problem is something other than the coin mech? Thanks!

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

I have a Dixie Narco 501T/280-7 vending machine. The machine is cooling well and when I press the switch for each individual motor I can get a pop to dispense. However, when I put money into the machine, it automatically goes to the change return. Sometimes, when I plug in the coin mech, it makes a loud buzzing noise. Other times, it makes no sound at all. Although we are still not positive the coin mechanism is the problem, do you have any idea which coin mechanisms are compatible with this vending machine? The one currently in it is a Mars 6200. Is this the same one I should get or is there an upgraded one I should be looking at? I do not have a manual for the vending machine or the coin mech. Also, do you think the problem is something other than the coin mech? Thanks!

What switch are you pushing to operate each motor? The 6200 is perfect for that machine unless you have a dollar bill validator on it. It is possible that all that is wrong is the coin mech needs to be retuned. Do the coin payouts work (on the front of the coin mech there should be 2 switches one for nickels and one for dimes)? Does the coin mech take any coins at all? Answer these questions and if you have a small screw driver I might be able to talk you through tunning the mech. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Coin mechs that can replace the 6200, are the Mars 6800H, Coinco 3341-S, 9340-S 9360-S, and 9370-S. Tuning the mech is easy and like vend1ng said, requires only a small screwdriver, a few coins, and about five minutes of time.

#4 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Helping people understand and repair their own equipment.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

What switch are you pushing to operate each motor? The 6200 is perfect for that machine unless you have a dollar bill validator on it. It is possible that all that is wrong is the coin mech needs to be retuned. Do the coin payouts work (on the front of the coin mech there should be 2 switches one for nickels and one for dimes)? Does the coin mech take any coins at all? Answer these questions and if you have a small screw driver I might be able to talk you through tunning the mech. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

We have a written step-by-step retune for MEI TRC series here. Just take your time.

#5 oliviak

oliviak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

We do have a bill validator, but it does not work either. I tried tuning it, but it didn't change anything. I am going to try again a couple of times and see what happens.

#6 oliviak

oliviak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

We do have a bill validator, but it does not work either. I tried tuning it, but it didn't change anything. I am going to try again a couple of times and see what happens.

#7 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

The 6200 will not work with bill validator unless its a 6200H, You may have a stuck cam switch on one of the vend motors. If you know how to tune the mech ...... Then instead of putting coins in push the coin return lever instead for each coin, When you have pushed it 8 times it should eject a nickle if it does that then tuning isn't your problem. If any of the back plates in the coin mech head are broke or cracked it will not tune. Take the head out and shake it gently if you have any rattling you probably have a broken back plate. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#8 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

This may sound stupid but do you have enough pop in the selections to activate the sold out switches?
Vend1ng