• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabears5423

dabears5423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

I have a Dixie Narco machine with a USA 3 bill acceptor. The acceptor accepts the money but does not show up on the displayas having any money put into it. I checked all the connections and tried to clean them off as well as i could, but other than that i have no idea where to look or how to fix it. Also the machine has a steady heartbeat on the led which means its ready and ok. Any awnsers would be great thank you.

#2 VendingGURU

VendingGURU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

I have a Dixie Narco machine with a USA 3 bill acceptor. The acceptor accepts the money but does not show up on the displayas having any money put into it. I checked all the connections and tried to clean them off as well as i could, but other than that i have no idea where to look or how to fix it. Also the machine has a steady heartbeat on the led which means its ready and ok. Any awnsers would be great thank you.

The acceptor is no good

#3 Agee Vending

Agee Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:44 AM

The validator is pretty dumb... I'm assuming this is a multi-price... if the bill is getting accepted into the validator... it may not be the validator... it could be the board or the coin mech. Does it take coins and give change? If the answer is yes... then it may be the cables or the board.

What is the DN model? USA 3's are not that popular anymore... you might want to try a BA-30... they are cheap and MDB

#4 Ruskie

Ruskie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

I agree with Agee, the job of the acceptor is to read the bill, if ok, it will stack the bill then send a signal to the board telling it that the bill is ok and to process the transaction. If the board never receives the ok it doesn't register on the display.
I had a similar problem with an older machine and the problem was with the cable running from the acceptor to the board, specifically where it connects to the bill acceptor, there was a broken wire.

The validator is pretty dumb... I'm assuming this is a multi-price... if the bill is getting accepted into the validator... it may not be the validator... it could be the board or the coin mech. Does it take coins and give change? If the answer is yes... then it may be the cables or the board.

What is the DN model? USA 3's are not that popular anymore... you might want to try a BA-30... they are cheap and MDB