#1 westlakevending

westlakevending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hello everyone,
I have just started out in the vending business. I own Northwestern machines on double head stands I am wondering what are the hottest items on the market for locations with only a double head. I am using a vending location service and they found me a location but im a little weiry on what product to use in the machines. This business is a construction company with 20+ employees. I am using peanut M&M's and gumballs any other suggestions?

westlake-vending@hotmail.com

Also, when buying candy such as skittles, and r. pieces, should i buy them from Sams or buy from A&A or ashland

#2 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

buy candy from sams, always fresh and in my experience always cheaper.

My best seller is PMM. a construction co would do well with PMM. they are a hearty snack for construction guys

#3 bulkvending.blogspot.com

bulkvending.blogspot.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Flying Planes, Small Business, Stocks

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

I would agree that peanut M&M's are a great choice. Gumballs usually a safe bet and you make a great margin on them.
If you visit http://www.bulkvending.blogspot.com there is a article this week which has input from various bulkvendors on what works the best and worst for them.

Good Luck with your new route.

#4 antonio

antonio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

reeses peeses, mike ike skittles pmm all do well 4 me

#5 showme vending

showme vending

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

mike and ikes do very well for me as do cashews. too bad they are so damn expensive at sams.

#6 antonio

antonio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

mike and ikes do very well for me as do cashews. too bad they are so damn expensive at sams.

how much do u pay for the cashews?they are 9.88 for a can here in springfield.

#7 GuthVending

GuthVending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

YOU HAVE TO USE CASHEWS!!!

#8 antonio

antonio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

how much do u pay for cashews?

#9 candyman007

candyman007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

At the construction site you are going to get a lot more sales with two types of candy instead of candy/gumballs. I know the profit margin on the gumballs is great but it will be made up for by selling another candy in bulk.

I suggest reeses for the simple reason that you can't buy them in the store in a small package. Although sometimes construction workers are looking for something not so sweet (unlike women) so I would suggest honey roasted peanuts. You can get a fairly large tin of honey roasted peanuts at wal-mart for around $3.50. It is the SAMS club brand and they are VERY good. I have used them in bars and sold out.

Rob

#10 GuthVending

GuthVending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

I pay $10 for cashews. 1 can will fill a triple 1/2 way. I have it set so when the machine empties, I make $50.

So $40 profit. I sell out of cashews in 1 month! Guys that work at these places always tell me that the cashews are "AWSOME" and "THANKS FOR PUTTING THEM IN HERE".

Kyle

#11 Eggman

Eggman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Howdy,

I'm a P/T bulk vendor. I do mostly 850 ct. gum and have a few candy machines (U-turn and Beavers). I've discovered that 850 ct. gum is easily the most profitable, if not the fastest selling item. Gum is also so simple and hassle-free!
Over time I've discovered that P M&M's are America's favorite candy-BUT, they don't have a long shelf life and aren't near so profitable as gum. Truthfully, I'd prefer to do gum only.

Eggman

#12 Westcoast-vend.com

Westcoast-vend.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

Howdy,

I'm a P/T bulk vendor. I do mostly 850 ct. gum and have a few candy machines (U-turn and Beavers). I've discovered that 850 ct. gum is easily the most profitable, if not the fastest selling item. Gum is also so simple and hassle-free!
Over time I've discovered that P M&M's are America's favorite candy-BUT, they don't have a long shelf life and aren't near so profitable as gum. Truthfully, I'd prefer to do gum only.

Eggman

Howdy,

It looks like you got plenty of good advice from the posts. If it was me, I would use these answers and also go in to the account and ask 10 guys what they would like to have-That is half of your customers in this account of 20 employees. Will there be others that will buy from this machine?

Good luck

Gary
Westcoast-vend.com