Close
Photo
- - - - -

I have a Vendo 511 pepsi machine. Can I put a MEI Cashflow 7512i in there?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wisegirl99

wisegirl99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

I have a Vendo 511. Can I put a MEI Cashflow 7512i in there?

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

You can if it already has a MDB coin mech now. If you don't have a MDB mech now then you need to install a new harness and maybe a bill validator, depending on what's in it now. What model coin mech is in it now and do you need a 7512? You can PM me if you need one.

#3 wisegirl99

wisegirl99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

I currently have a Mars 6512 coin mech in there, but I wanted to put the MEI Cashflow 7512i in there because I wanted also to update the bill validator to accept $5's. I didn't want to run out of quarters, so that's why I want the MEI Cashflow 7512i installed along with a bill validator that accepts $5's. I already have a Mars VN2501 U5 on hand and I was hoping that the 2 of these are compatible. Can you let me know if they will work together? I am unsure because I know the bill validator is 115 volts with a 9 pin connection and the coin acceptor is 34 volts with a 6 pin connection. I didn't know if there's a harness that is used for this. Thanks for your help!

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Since the Mars 6512 is MDB that means that your machine is running the MDB interface and therfore you can only use 24V components.  You will need to use a MEI VN2512 with a flasher bezel so it will fit in between the inner and outer doors.  You will then need a MEI MDB harness on the validator which will connect one end to the machine MDB harness and the other end to your coin mech.  You might want to wait and see how many 5's you get because you may be surprised to find that you don't get enough to deplete the one quarter tube, or use of them is spaced far enough apart to allow the tube to refill itself.  In most cases it takes quite a bit of time before people realize or remember that the machine takes 5's. 

The other thing too, is that if you only give change in quarters, then your customers must carry a bunch of coins around after a vend.  For this reason you might want to have a dollar coin tube in your CF7512 so the customers receive fewer coins as change.  You will have to order the dollar coins from your bank, but all of your machines should be capable of accepting the dollar coin so you will get some of them back in other vends.

PM me if you need a correct harness or anything else for this.

#5 wisegirl99

wisegirl99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

ok so another question, this seems very strange to me since you said that the non-MDB validator will not work with the MDB coin mech. Currently installed in my Vendo 511 is a Mars TRC-6512 coin mech (which has 6 pins and is 24V) and a Mars VN 2511 U5 bill validator (which has 9 pins and is 110V). I am not very good with vending terms or wording but it seems like there is a harness with 6 pins on one end and 9 pins on the other that connects the validator and the coin mech together. This is how it was set up when I bought it and both the coin mech and the bill validator work completely fine. Can you tell me how these are working fine together? And since it's already like this I would think that I can take both the current coin mech and bill validator out and put in the MEI Cashflow 7512i and the Mars VN2501 U5. Do you think this will be fine? Thanks for all of your help!

#6 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

To be honest with you, I have never seen the Vendo 5.1 logic board be able to handle both the micro-mech interface (VN2501) and the MDB interface (TRC6512) at the same time.  Every manufacturer's notes that I've seen warn that mixing the two interfaces will damage the logic board.  If the Vendo 5.1 board can handle that then it's news to me.  I would not recommend it though because it could be causing issues you don't know about, such as jackpots, free vends, strange change payouts, etc. and so I would never set a machine up that way.  The problem is that you might never know those things are happening.  The safest route to take is to stick with one interface or the other, though I can't argue with your success.

In looking at my MEI interchange guide, they show only MDB working with MDB and micro-mech working with Micro-mech, so it's apparently recommended by them as well.

#7 wisegirl99

wisegirl99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

AZVendor, thanks for all of your help! God bless you!