• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peter01

peter01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

I have a genesis combo vending machine (which I regret I got).

It is the GO137 model, the sodas do not stay ice cold. It stays cold but just not enough, after someone buys a soda, and they keep it out for about 5 minutes.. they will almost be room temperature. I tried turning the temperature knob up however it still does not stay cool enough... i was told by someone that i probably need to clean the compressor so the air can circulate. So i opened the front part of the machine at the bottom, and i could see a little thing that looked like filter and i cleaned the dust. However it was very small little filter. I cleaned that out and it still did not work. So i am thinking that maybe i need to clean something in the back, but when i openedup the back, i could not see anything like the filter that you see in a dixie narco machine that you need to clean.

Does anyone know where and what I can clean near the cooling unit or what i can do to get the sodas to stay cold again/

Thanks,
Pete

#2 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

I have a genesis combo vending machine (which I regret I got).

It is the GO137 model, the sodas do not stay ice cold. It stays cold but just not enough, after someone buys a soda, and they keep it out for about 5 minutes.. they will almost be room temperature. I tried turning the temperature knob up however it still does not stay cool enough... i was told by someone that i probably need to clean the compressor so the air can circulate. So i opened the front part of the machine at the bottom, and i could see a little thing that looked like filter and i cleaned the dust. However it was very small little filter. I cleaned that out and it still did not work. So i am thinking that maybe i need to clean something in the back, but when i openedup the back, i could not see anything like the filter that you see in a dixie narco machine that you need to clean.

Does anyone know where and what I can clean near the cooling unit or what i can do to get the sodas to stay cold again/

Thanks,
Pete

I have never worked on a genesis but I have worked on alot of other drink machines so here are a couple of suggestions.
Clean the coils in front of the compressor
Is there a fan inside the machine to circulate the cold air coming off the evaporator coils and if so is it running.
This fan should be running all the time to circulate the cold air.
Are the evaporator coils frosted up and if so is it just frosted up part way on the top or sides or is it a big chuck of ice.
If it is frosted part way you are probably low on freon. If it is a big chunk of ice you have a circulation problem or you have an air leak where warm moist air is leaking into the machine and frosting up the evaporator. Check the door seal with vaseline.
3rd does the compressor ever shut off. If not we are back to the low freon problem.

Let me know and good luck