• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin03

Kevin03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone else noticed the $8-10 price increase on bulk candy? What's the deal?

#2 markvend

markvend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

Has anyone else noticed the $8-10 price increase on bulk candy? What's the deal?

Yes, Kevin, they have consistently been going up the last 16 months with M&Ms being hit the hardest. They used to be less than $6 a bag when I started and now are 9.14. Most candies have gone up 1.50 to 2.50 a bag. There is still money to be made, but I'm cutting back my portions quite a bit.

Thanks,
Mark

#3 Aquarterdollar

Aquarterdollar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

Well it's called inflation and greed. These machines (the .25 one's) are going to be extinct very soon.

#4 sn vending

sn vending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yes, Kevin, they have consistently been going up the last 16 months with M&Ms being hit the hardest. They used to be less than $6 a bag when I started and now are 9.14. Most candies have gone up 1.50 to 2.50 a bag. There is still money to be made, but I'm cutting back my portions quite a bit.

Thanks,
Mark

Yes it is quite pricey I paid $7.98 for bag M&Ms

#5 Eggman

Eggman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Howdy,

I'm primarily a gumball vendor. I have a few U-Turns which do fairly well for me. Candy has reached a price-point where I'll soon be tempted to just get out of the candy biz. (Gum is a different thing; it's great).
Candy has more "down-sides" than bulk gum: It's less profitable, shorter shelf life, so many different kinds to keep up with. OTOH, a couple of simple Beaver heads in a breakfast house needs just one waitress with a lust for Reese's Pieces and it's Profit City for the operator! It's happened to me just enough times to keep me in the candy biz.

Eggman

#6 markvend

markvend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

Howdy,

I'm primarily a gumball vendor. I have a few U-Turns which do fairly well for me. Candy has reached a price-point where I'll soon be tempted to just get out of the candy biz. (Gum is a different thing; it's great).
Candy has more "down-sides" than bulk gum: It's less profitable, shorter shelf life, so many different kinds to keep up with. OTOH, a couple of simple Beaver heads in a breakfast house needs just one waitress with a lust for Reese's Pieces and it's Profit City for the operator! It's happened to me just enough times to keep me in the candy biz.

Eggman

I do about 20-25% of my machines as candy. In restaurants, I'm finding 1" toys or 2" toys will usually outsell the candy without the spoilage candy brings with it. I can't get rid of candy. I finally got my portions where I can still make a decent profit with it. Good Luck!