• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 solutians

solutians

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

I am a newbie that wants to make as few mistakes as possible and become profitable as quickly as possible. In trying to do some due diligence I feel like a hampster in a wheel, I'm moving fast and not getting any where. I smell rip off from most machine sales people, get contradictory info on projecting sales and margins based on employees and customers at locations. I am also getting oposing views on establishing a reasonable purchase price on an existing route that has 6 locations, 11 machines and is suposed to be doing $700.00 average weekly sales, but I have not seen the books ( the asking price is 25k). Any opinions or ideas would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks
Solutians

#2 yanks26

yanks26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

My answer is that since you are a beginner, dont go starting off by buying routes. One, you will get ripped off 9 times out of 10. Two, you wont get a feel for the business. A large part of understanding how the vending world works is landing a location yourself. Even if its a small pizza shop try to put in a single head vending machine or something. Dont try to go big too fast (like you want) or else there is a good chance of going broke. Start small and work hard. Finding good locations is 90% of the hard work. If you know anyone who runs a business of at least 10 people, that is a start. Now you can take what I said as advice or you can completely ignore it. I promise you, if you listen to what I said, you have the best chance of making it on these "streets". Good luck.