• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yanks26

yanks26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

I have a quick question for you folks. I was interested in installing a soda machine at a fire department and was wondering what type of soda machines are good to buy. I need your help on what are the best soda machines for under $2000. Also, does this sound like a good place?
Any additional comments are helpful, thank you!

#2 C & J Enterprises

C & J Enterprises

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

I have a quick question for you folks. I was interested in installing a soda machine at a fire department and was wondering what type of soda machines are good to buy. I need your help on what are the best soda machines for under $2000. Also, does this sound like a good place?

I have three fire stations that I service. They like bottles because they take them on calls with them. They sit around between calls and wash the fire trucks in the sun so they do have the need for a drink machine. They tend to cook alot also, so a snack machine doesn't work as well. They make around $150 - $200 per month each. Any bottle machine will work.

C&J

#3 yanks26

yanks26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Also, im curious, how often do these machines need repairs?

#4 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

It will probably vary depending on a lot of circumstances. I am a full-time firefighter and do the vending part time. Our firehouse most days houses an engine, ladder truck and medic, plus my position. Therefore 11 people per shift per day. Most firehouses don't have that many. I think our pop machine does "ok". I don't think it exactly kills in sales. We even house our Local office and have other things here so we have a lot of foot traffic.

When I took over my vending a year ago, I had two firehouses in another jurisdiction. I pulled them right away because they did not sell at all. (There were reportedly other issues involved that were rumored as to why they didn't buy, but that's a whole other story.)

So if you care about how much they will sell, find out how many people are on shift there. Do they house administrative people in either house that are there during the typical 40-hour week? Are you replacing a previous vendor and why? Is it a full-time department or volunteer? Urban versus rural? I would think many of these things may affect the sales.