• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 durado

durado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

HELP!!! I just bought a Dixie-Narco 501T. Everything is working great except selection 8 wont change price. I put it in price change mode and I can change the price of all the other selections by pressing and holding that selection. However, when I press selection number 8 it will display the current price, but the price does not change when I hold the button in. Any thoughts?
Thank you

#2 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

HELP!!! I just bought a Dixie-Narco 501T. Everything is working great except selection 8 wont change price. I put it in price change mode and I can change the price of all the other selections by pressing and holding that selection. However, when I press selection number 8 it will display the current price, but the price does not change when I hold the button in. Any thoughts?
Thank you

Im not extremely familar with that perticular machine but I will give it a shot. Is it saying anything to the effect of "LOC" or "LOCK" when you try to change the price? If not check your motor and see if it is working by snaging the smaller switch to make it run. Some boards will not set prices if it cant see that motor. You can also check your harness to see if you have power down the line to that motor. Also I believe there is a single price setting in that machine if all else fails. You can change the Con to single and just set one price but Im not sure if taht modle is capable.

#3 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Thats what it sounds like from here. Disconnected wire, bad connection or broke wire to that motor. I would check those first. It should have a test mode where you can check the motors by making them run also. Specific instructions should be on the front of the inside door. Maybe this helps some.

#4 durado

durado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thats what it sounds like from here. Disconnected wire, bad connection or broke wire to that motor. I would check those first. It should have a test mode where you can check the motors by making them run also. Specific instructions should be on the front of the inside door. Maybe this helps some.

I tried hooking up one of the other selection buttons to the wires that go to the button I can't change the price on. I put the machine on site today and was quite bummed that I only had 7 selections instead of 8, but then I thought of something. The dixie-naco 501 has a quick set feature that lets you set selection 1 and then all other selections will be set to that price. So I went in to price set up mode and pressed buttons C & D or (3 & 4) at the same time for 10 - 15 seconds. This sets all selections to the same price as selection 1 ($0.75 for 12 oz soda) then I went back and changed selection 6 (rockstar to $2.50) ... then I did a test vend on all the selections and everything worked great. It's not a fix, but a good work around. Thanks for the replies and I hope this post helps somebody in the future ...
:D

#5 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

I tried hooking up one of the other selection buttons to the wires that go to the button I can't change the price on. I put the machine on site today and was quite bummed that I only had 7 selections instead of 8, but then I thought of something. The dixie-naco 501 has a quick set feature that lets you set selection 1 and then all other selections will be set to that price. So I went in to price set up mode and pressed buttons C & D or (3 & 4) at the same time for 10 - 15 seconds. This sets all selections to the same price as selection 1 ($0.75 for 12 oz soda) then I went back and changed selection 6 (rockstar to $2.50) ... then I did a test vend on all the selections and everything worked great. It's not a fix, but a good work around. Thanks for the replies and I hope this post helps somebody in the future ...
:D

Glad to hear got it working but 75 cents for cans and 2.50 for rockstar???!?! Wow thats a big markup. I mean I know the bottlers are at those prices but to stay competitive in the independent market you gotta be careful unless you have locked down accounts. Then again my competition here is extremely cheap and offers only very old machines or 3rd party. WE offer 3rd party only when its a given but use our own machines everywhere else. Its hard to make a profit sometimes and you have to know when to pull a machine that isnt selling well.... look at me rambling on :)

#6 durado

durado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Glad to hear got it working but 75 cents for cans and 2.50 for rockstar???!?! Wow thats a big markup. I mean I know the bottlers are at those prices but to stay competitive in the independent market you gotta be careful unless you have locked down accounts. Then again my competition here is extremely cheap and offers only very old machines or 3rd party. WE offer 3rd party only when its a given but use our own machines everywhere else. Its hard to make a profit sometimes and you have to know when to pull a machine that isnt selling well.... look at me rambling on :)

I live in a small town on the central coast of california. There is almost no vending machine competition. There is circle K 2 blocks down and across a very busy 4 lane road. The circle k charges $2.65 for a rockstar, the closest grocery store charges $2 and the AM/PM charges $2.75 so I think I'm fine on that. The sodas for $0.75 are costing me between $0.26 cents to $0.36 depending on sales (this was a GREAT weekend at my local grocery store). As a rule of thumb if I don't double my $$$ I don't stock it ... I thought about going $0.65 for the 12 oz cans, but then I have to make sure I have plenty of dimes (people don't put dimes into my machines) and most people pay with a dollar bill. I don't think it makes a huge difference to them if they get a quarter back or a quarter and a dime ... in fact a lot of times when I go to stock the machine there is change sitting there that people forgot ... what are you charging for soft drinks and rockstarts?