• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vol Vending

Vol Vending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

Are machines like the DN 2145 "Bottle Drop" worth buying? I can see having multiple problems will all of the different plastic parts, and have seen bottles in them fallen over before.

I like the idea of being able to sell just about anything because the rows are adjustable, how much work is this?

The cheapest I can find one is around $2000 + freight, but with the selections you could have and being able to charge $1 or more for items like red bull, Gatorade, juices, ect. I would think making your money back on it wouldn't be all that hard. It just seems like maint. on the thing could get out of control... and I am worried about somebody breaking through the glass.

#2 C & J Enterprises

C & J Enterprises

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

Are machines like the DN 2145 "Bottle Drop" worth buying? I can see having multiple problems will all of the different plastic parts, and have seen bottles in them fallen over before.

I like the idea of being able to sell just about anything because the rows are adjustable, how much work is this?

The cheapest I can find one is around $2000 + freight, but with the selections you could have and being able to charge $1 or more for items like red bull, Gatorade, juices, ect. I would think making your money back on it wouldn't be all that hard. It just seems like maint. on the thing could get out of control... and I am worried about somebody breaking through the glass.

You can actually get away with using a Dixie Narco 501E and probably other similar machines to vend all of those products also. There is a conversion kit that costs about $75 to put red bull in there but Gatorade, Monster, Yoohoo etc. is just setting your cams and shims. I don't own any glass front machines because I hear they have problems but just letting you know that you have cheaper options than just that machine.

C&J

#3 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

I have used the Dixie Narco Bottle drop machines for years. The early ones such as the 2145 had many problems such as drop sensors but you just had to work through them. I presently only use the 5591 for non carbonated drinks,water and sport drinks and have great success with them. They are agravating sometimes as to the fact that you have to rotate your products either because of dates or making sure your customers are not getting hot drinks that you just put in. As a general rule they usually do increase sales when merchandised correctly. The key is to load properly using the correct shim for the product you are vending, keep the slides clean and use a silicone spray on the slides. As was stated before, you are probably better off using a DN501, they are cheaper, low maintenance and will vend just about any drink the you may have.

#4 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

The biggest problem with the 2145's are that the solenoids tend to rust and wont work. Also just having that many solenoids is a problem in the first place. I dont like machines that demend on thi type of action because its hard to trace [problems, where with a normal motor they have a home position. We have a verity of glass fronts(RVV, VUE, DN2145, DN5000, DN5900) and the only ones that I like are the RVV's. I only have 2 right now but they have never dropped a bottle and the others have consistent problems. I have a really good relationship with 3 distributors and they are dislike the VUE's very much as due I for personal reasons. My personally story is the vue I bought($5500, I bought it when it was 4 months old) died after 6 months, with 3 boards replaced, 2 different motors replaced multiple times and sensors. Since then they have revised alot of the mechanics and I have 6 in working order, but they still crash from time to time.

#5 Vending_General

Vending_General

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Most of the bottle drop machines I have seen dont really have vandalism problems, the only machines I have seen that have "theft" problems with are the drop bottle machines with the conveyor belt.

#6 For The Kids Vending

For The Kids Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

Sorry to revive the old thread but is on a bottle drop (the 2145) how many rows up can you vend a carbonated beverage before you start running in to problems? How do you know which shims to order? I basically got a 2145 for nearly free so I'd like to get it set up and find out how it works. Looks like it could be a great Milk machine in a school or a general machine with water at the top and carbonated beverages on the bottom.