• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 espe

espe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

With my vending machine(s) in place, what do i do when it malfunctions? where can i find the cheapest and fastest people who can fix the machines when im faced with the problem? Any suggestions?

#2 coinopdirect

coinopdirect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

With my vending machine(s) in place, what do i do when it malfunctions? where can i find the cheapest and fastest people who can fix the machines when im faced with the problem? Any suggestions?

I have been in the Vending Industry for about 14 years now. I repair machines for operators mainly in the Amusement Vending sector, but plenty in Full Line as well. I earn top dollar for my services.

Here are a few tips to help you keep your machines up and making you money rather than paying someone like me to fix them!

Stock common parts on your route vehicle!
Coin-Mechs, switches, solonoids, motors, etc.

Stock a minimum of 1 logic PCB, DBA & Power Supply per 10 machines in your warehouse or garage.
This way you have a spare to get the down machine up and then you send the defective unit to a repair facility.

Purchase service manuals if you do not have them already. These are a huge help in obtaining part #'s and wiring diagrams to troubleshoot problems.

Try to operate late model or new equipment. Easier and more cost effective to find parts.

Just about any repair can be made on-site if you have the parts. The only repair I would agree to pull a machine for would be a compressor swap. But you must have parts. (See points above)

Try to stick with one brand of equipment per product type. This will give you a greater return in the long run.

Pick up a copy of UGLY's reference (Electrical) and any other material to study basic electro-mechanical operations.

Leo.