7 replies to this topic

#1 That Guy

That Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

I see Dixie Narco 501e and 600e machines for sale that are cleaned up and working well for sale @ $1,150. I think I can at least get them for $800. Is it worth it to pay over $1k for a reliable working machine that will go into a good location (50 employees or more)?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I see Dixie Narco 501e and 600e machines for sale that are cleaned up and working well for sale @ $1,150. I think I can at least get them for $800. Is it worth it to pay over $1k for a reliable working machine that will go into a good location (50 employees or more)?

if you are close to Dallas you can get nice machines for 600

#3 pujolsfan

pujolsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

I would have a hard time spending 1k, although repair costs add up in a hurry. Just try to find a machine that is reliable. At the regular price you stated you would be able to buy a machine with a warranty on it. I guess it just depends how handy you are... if you're good with repairs, then you might take a chance on a cheaper machine. But it can be worth a lot to have the peace of mind knowing that you have a reliable machine.

#4 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

I would have a hard time spending 1k, although repair costs add up in a hurry. Just try to find a machine that is reliable. At the regular price you stated you would be able to buy a machine with a warranty on it. I guess it just depends how handy you are... if you're good with repairs, then you might take a chance on a cheaper machine. But it can be worth a lot to have the peace of mind knowing that you have a reliable machine.

501E is to much machine for a 50 employee location. Just my opinion unless its going in a shop with plenty of room its has to big a foot print for a breakroom. You need to check clearances (i.e. door height and width) to get the machine in there. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#5 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

501E is to much machine for a 50 employee location. Just my opinion unless its going in a shop with plenty of room its has to big a foot print for a breakroom. You need to check clearances (i.e. door height and width) to get the machine in there. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

100% AGREE!!!!!

#6 That Guy

That Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

Vend1ng

When you say too much machine what do you mean?

I'm assuming you mean't that that machine would do better in a bigger account with more employees. If I am wrong please correct me on this. I am not very handy in repairs but can find my way around. I'm going to call around to some of the local mechanics (if there are any) in the area and see if they have machines for sale first. One gentlemen offered to sell me his 501e that he refurbished himself for $800 but he was a long drive away. Another person was selling 501e that were in front of some of the Safeways. All I care about is not getting ripped off and buying a lemon.

#7 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

I'm assuming you mean't that that machine would do better in a bigger account with more employees. If I am wrong please correct me on this. I am not very handy in repairs but can find my way around. I'm going to call around to some of the local mechanics (if there are any) in the area and see if they have machines for sale first. One gentlemen offered to sell me his 501e that he refurbished himself for $800 but he was a long drive away. Another person was selling 501e that were in front of some of the Safeways. All I care about is not getting ripped off and buying a lemon.

800 is a good price, hes saying the machine is physically very large and u have to make sure its going to fit in the doorways and so on where its going to be placed. its very hard to wrangle a soda machine into most common doorways without causing damage and once its in there they might complain about the space it takes up
thats why they make smaller machines to fit in break rooms and so on. you might consider looking for a DN276e its a smaller machine and a little harder to find.

at the very least measure everything and mark out the footprint with tape so they know what it will take up

#8 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

To much machine? A 501 is either a 3 can deep machine 72" tall or a 2 can deep 79" tall machine. A 3 deep machine is to deep for a general size breakroom 79" tall machine wont go through a 78" door (Normal size passage door). A 276 is a good machine for 50 employees. A 368 is best all around machine. 501 holds 501 cans of pop thats 20.8 cases of pop average. 50 employee location will sell about 10-12 cans a day 1 case every 2 days. But only 40% of the machine is sellable meaning on a 8 select machine only 3 selections will sell. When any of those 3 are empty they will want service. Example 1 selection will need 2 cases, 2 selection 1.5 cases, 3 selection 1 case, other 5 selections maybe 6-12 cans thats about 5 cases total which is about the minimum you would want to do to service machine which is ok if you service the account yourself. But a larger vending company has to pay an employee so to service that account they need about 10 case delivery to justify. So they use 501 to get advantage of 40% sellable. Thats why they don't service 50 employee locations. Thats why 501 are more readly available. Thats why they are cheaper than smaller machines. Just remember there is a location for every machine but not every machine will work in every location. Just a simple thought.
Vend1ng