• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Popster

Popster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

I have power coming into the junction and power at the relay. No power at the receptacle where the compressor plugs in. When I plug the compressor into a drop cord it fires right up and the coil gets cold. I have a cold control on the way to bypass the relay. What is the proper installation and where does the copper line go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

You're better off using the temp sensor and relay as they are very reliable and the machine doesn't have a provision for a thermostat. Check your temp sensor by looking if it reports the correct temp. If not then is it plugged in to the board or is the cable damaged along it's length? The relay has one input from the logic board but there should be two sides to the relay where the 110v is switched. Swap the two 110v wires to the other side of the relay and see if it then works. If not then you probably have a bad relay (if the input from the board is good). The input should be 24v DC.

If you still plan to use a thermostat then use a Rowe 448 thermostat because it's cap tube is designed to be in airflow. You then have to put the cap tube in front of the evaporator in the airflow but not touching anything. If you use a contact thermostat from another machine it won't function properly because there's no place to put the cap tube.

#3 Popster

Popster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

I did switch the 110v on the relay and the compressor did not run. Will it run with the door open? Door switch is good and I tried it with the door open and closed. I will recheck the 24v side, but, I don't think I had any voltage there. Those are two white wires, I believe. I could check continuity if I knew where the other end is. I don't want to damage the board so I didn't get too adventurous.

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

The door switch shuts off the compressor when the door is opened and then there is a 2-3 minute delay after the door is closed before the compressor restarts. If you hold the door switch in you can simulate the closed condition and the check the system for proper voltages. To ohm out the relay enable wires just refer to the wiring diagram on the door for where it connects on the board. If they ohm out okay then tape the door switch down and wait for the compressor to start. Then you can check for DC voltage from each enable line to ground (s/b 24V) and across both enable lines (s/b 0V).