• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ultimatevend

ultimatevend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hey guys I have a national 146 snack machine and the original dollar validator has seen better days, so I upgraded with a MEI 2000 Series bill validator  Model VN 2311  I read some where that the VN2501 is the one to use. But this is the one they sold me im wondering if they may have givin me the wrong one or do both of these models work on this machine and what is the correct dip settings    thanks in advance to all that reply

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

The 2311 should work.  It is a $1 and $2 only validator where the 2511 can also take $5's if upgraded.  Your best bet is to turn all switches off on the side of the validator.  This gives you 2 way acceptance, high security, $1 only and a short pulse interface.  Let me know if this doesn't work.  You might have to make 2-3 vends with coins before the validator will be enabled.

#3 ultimatevend

ultimatevend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

I gave it a try today it excepts the dollars but will not show credit I switched all the buttons to off I tried making about 8 vends with coins and that worked fine but the validator just wont show the credit and vend. I know the machine is fine because the original validator works and the machine shows the credit and it vends its just wore out and is picky about taking dollars. I'M thinking that the 2501 is the correct validator.

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

What previous validator did you use before?  If it was a VFM3, then remove the box on the side of it and report the switch settings.  I can then tell you what the 2301 switches should be set at to match it.

#5 ultimatevend

ultimatevend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

its a 120v MAKA validator.  the mei 2501 has different settings than the 2311.  why do you think this 2311 should work?

#6 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Switches 7 & 8 on a VN2301 are supposedly "unassigned" so I don't believe changing them will make any difference.  I think this validator is for a simple interface such as sending 4 pulses for one dollar to an amusement game without ever disabling the validator.  If the switches do work, turning 7 off and 8 on will give you the Credit Line setting of a 150 msec pulse which is the same pulse as the Maka gives when transferring a credit.  You can also try 7 and 8 off to get the Long pulse and 7 on and 8 off to get a short pulse.

If none of these settings work, then you need a VN2500 with switch 7 off and 8 on for the Credit Line setting.  Be sure you also set your other switches to how you want.

#7 ultimatevend

ultimatevend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

I switched out the 2311 for a 2501 and it works perfect. Thanks for your input and time  AZVENDOR

#8 GotSnacks

GotSnacks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

There is a problem with my bill validator series 2000, error indicates (Disable from mech/VMC) would like some help to figuire out how to fix these problem.

Thank You

#9 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

GotSnacks,  The 2 flashes you see means that the machine or coin mech are not enabling the validator to accept a bill.  On a single price machine this can be caused by low coins in the nickel tube of the coin mech, an unused credit on the machine, a faulty harness between the validator and coin mech, a stuck vend motor or a bad coin mech or validator.  On a multiprice machine, it can be caused by low coins in the coin mech, a bad validator harness, a problem with the logic board, coin mech or validator.

You need to post more specific information about the make and model of your machine, single or multiprice, coin mech model, have you recently made any changes or repairs to the machine, is the problem always there, intermittent and can you recreate it or make it go away at times?

#10 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Switches 7 & 8 on a VN2301 are supposedly "unassigned" so I don't believe changing them will make any difference.  I think this validator is for a simple interface such as sending 4 pulses for one dollar to an amusement game without ever disabling the validator.  If the switches do work, turning 7 off and 8 on will give you the Credit Line setting of a 150 msec pulse which is the same pulse as the Maka gives when transferring a credit.  You can also try 7 and 8 off to get the Long pulse and 7 on and 8 off to get a short pulse.

If none of these settings work, then you need a VN2500 with switch 7 off and 8 on for the Credit Line setting.  Be sure you also set your other switches to how you want.

The 2300 validator cannot do 4 pulses to the dollar, only 2400, 2600, and 2800s can do that.  The reason it does not work with some machines, is because it was not yet advanced enough tecnically to detect the correct interface it needed to use to send the credit of a dollar bill to the vending machine.