• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dartcol

dartcol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hi there. I'd found some interesting idea for retail vending machines. 

It sells not the products, but the services. Bike Fixtation impressed me very well. Here's their site.

They operate about two years but have only two locations in their city. I can't nderstand why.

What do you think, does it cost penny?

I'd found another material  about this servicing stations.

What is yuor opinion about this opportunity? I have a big campus near and it looks very useful for me.

Is there any hidden rocks?

Thank you in advance!

#2 orsd2

orsd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

overpriced machines,

you can replicated this, the machine they use is an AMS brand, get one from a reputable distribute, AP and Crane are also good. You could also find a used machine, I reccomend the Ap 7600 or 113 for its durability.

Then get a local artist and viynl shop to do the graphics, and wrap and presto, you got your machine

then go to your local harbor freight or equivalent el cheapo chinese import tool shop, and take then to a welder or fab shop and have them make you the mounting post and loop the wires to secure the tools.

also, if this need to be outside you will want to get the waterproof ams that is rated for outdoor use, if you dont and you shock someone, your ass is toast.

you could also install all sots of hasps cages steel covers etc to keep you machine safe, even safer than the one in the video if you pit enough feature on.

then get the supplies, talk to local bike shops, dollar stores, etc.

you could even try to partner with bike shops and use their branding, with permission