• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TX_Eagle

TX_Eagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

I came across their website and was wondering if any of y'all have any experience with them. Thanks for your feedback.

#2 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

I came across their website and was wondering if any of y'all have any experience with them. Thanks for your feedback.

I haven't used them, but I've heard great things about them.

#3 livefaq

livefaq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

hi Kickstart locators have best team i work with him they are very nice

#4 lovinglife702

lovinglife702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

First off I'd like to say hello as am I brand new to the forum!

I've actually used kickstart once so I'll give you an honest review.

First off the guy only responds via email, if you call the number you get an answering machine everytime, I left a message and he emailed me back within 10 minutes. I called 5-6 times never an answer always an email. Thats was the first bad sign.

Second, I was having him locate a U-turn terminater machine for me. The site says you will have your first location within a week, after a week I asked where my location was and he told me that it takes a week to set up my account and I would have the location the following week.

The following week comes and goes and I still have nothing. Then I told him if I dont have something the 3rd week I would be taking my money back. The third week he gets me a location, I call the location and the people were horrible, they acted as if I was a burden on them and they had no interest in the machine.

Kickstart locations promptly gave me a refund but I would not recommend them, I asked them to do 1 simple location and they were not able to in a timely manner. I found a locator on cragslist and he was able to locate the machine for me in a very nice location within 1 day. Thats my honest review, while "Robert" at kickstart seems like a very nice guy, the locating was not.

#5 KickStart

KickStart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hey there! My apologies about that! That doesn't sound like the normal KickStart Experience!

Give me a call and I'll see what we can do to make this better. 800-640-3598.

Have a great one!

Regards,
Rob
http://www.kickstartlocations.com

#6 lovinglife702

lovinglife702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Hey there! My apologies about that! That doesn't sound like the normal KickStart Experience!

Give me a call and I'll see what we can do to make this better. 800-640-3598.

Have a great one!

Regards,
Rob
http://www.kickstartlocations.com

Well you dont answer your phone so calling would be pointless, I've never seen such poor service from people who bill themselves as a legitimate company. I see you posting all over vending forums about how great the company is and yet you don't even answer your phone nor do you return phone calls, you simply reply to the messages that are left on your voicemail via email, thats a very bad sign when it comes to locators and the service that I received backs up that sign. This issue should have been handled when you took three weeks to get me a location, not when I posted a review on your "company". You were well aware of the situation as every email I have ever received from "kickstart locations" has been from you. In any case, I've moved on and am no longer interested in dealing with your "company". I was simply posting a review to save others from the same experience.

#7 urbanpanda3

urbanpanda3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

I used kickstart........... do not use it takes 1 month to just just the machine in the store! bottom line KickStart is not a Locator!

#8 timlee2000

timlee2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

There are many other vending locating services. Locating business can be difficult so some time companies can't gurantee the time frame but I have good experience with:

Nortec Locating Services (vending.nortecco.com)

#9 markvend

markvend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

There are many other vending locating services. Locating business can be difficult so some time companies can't gurantee the time frame but I have good experience with:

Nortec Locating Services (vending.nortecco.com)

yes they are legitimate and have a good record with many. Biggest co
plaint I've heard is occaisonally being slow in placing machines and personal correspondence.

#10 gameboybuff

gameboybuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

I've also had good experience with Nortec. Never used Kickstart but I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I stick with what I know though.

#11 JonnyVendor

JonnyVendor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Saving Lives!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hello, We refer quite a few of our clients to Kickstart Locations to place the Breathalyzer Vending Machines that we manufacture and distribute and they have been good so far. They are professional and follow up with us and the clients. We have not had any complaints. Robert is personable on the phone and seems to do good business.

#12 lovinglife702

lovinglife702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

Hello, We refer quite a few of our clients to Kickstart Locations to place the Breathalyzer Vending Machines that we manufacture and distribute and they have been good so far. They are professional and follow up with us and the clients. We have not had any complaints. Robert is personable on the phone and seems to do good business.

Thats interesting, I had a horrible expierence with Robert at Kickstart Locations he never answered the phone or called me back... Took 3 weeks to find a location for a single machine.

#13 CHUMPCHANGE

CHUMPCHANGE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

who cares if he never called you back. He answered through email didn't he. And locating machines takes time. Sometimes it takes a day sometimes it takes a month, the important part is that you get a good location with a lot of traffic.

#14 CHUMPCHANGE

CHUMPCHANGE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Well I used kickstart to locate over 160 machines and they weren't all at once either it was over a period of a year. Yes sometimes it took a while to get a location, but I am in a small town in California. But Robert always found me excellent locations that made me money and I still have the locations to this day. I wouldn't go bad mouthing a good company just because he didn't get you a location right away for your 1 machine. He might of not responded to you the way you wanted to but he did respond by email and he did eventually get you a location. It wasn't his fault that the company didn't seem interested when you called to about placing your machine and it was a hassle to them. Thats all part of the vending game.

#15 lovinglife702

lovinglife702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

who cares if he never called you back. He answered through email didn't he. And locating machines takes time. Sometimes it takes a day sometimes it takes a month, the important part is that you get a good location with a lot of traffic.

Apparently I care or I wouldnt have mentioned it. You seem kind of angry maybe you should not let people on the internet affect you so much.

#16 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thats interesting, I had a horrible expierence with Robert at Kickstart Locations he never answered the phone or called me back... Took 3 weeks to find a location for a single machine.

So what good experiences have you had with locators if Kickstart was a bad one?

#17 lovinglife702

lovinglife702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

So what good experiences have you had with locators if Kickstart was a bad one?

As mentioned in my previous post I have a local guy I use that I found on craiglist of all places. He's very professional and does all locating in person. Most of the time he has locations ready prior to me asking him to get them for me.

I'm not claiming kickstart is a bad locator, only that I had a bad experience with them. This is what happened to me, by all means try them out for yourself and let everyone know how it goes.

#18 keithhook

keithhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Kick Start is great. I just recently used them for the first time and it was an excellent business transaction. Not exactly sure of how the whole process worked, I gave too broad a distance for my new location. The businees I was given was the opposite way I wanted to go and was not going to be convienant.

Guess what? No problem because Kick Start has a "refusal" policy which means you do not have to take the location if you do not feel it right for you. (obviously, you don't have to pay for it either.)

I reset my required parameters and within two days, Kick Start got me a new location, two miles from my house. More importantly than distance, is that the location is profitable and the owners are nice people to work with.

Lastly, Kick Start has kept in contaqct with me, making sure I'm happy and sending out little tidbits that I have used to help with my bulk vending business. Now all I have to do is buy a couple more machines (inexpensive, of course!) and I'll be back to them for new locations.

Kick Start is a great company to work with. I highly recommend them.

#19 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

I've used them and have been satisfied with the results. Sometimes it takes time to find a good location; that's why you are hiring someone else to do it. Better they spend two weeks finding locations than you spending two weeks.

That being said, it's always recommended to find your own locations (Sorry Rob).

So the bottom line: If you have more money than time, Kickstart would be a good investment. If you have more time than money, find your own.

#20 playa

playa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

I just purchased a location with kickstart last week on 2/15, to place my breathalyzer Machine, I received a location in less than 2 days, the location Rob found me was a booming locations that served over 500 people a day, the problem that I had with Rob was I had a contract with him for 20% commission only, and he allowed his team to set me up, they agreed without my consent that I was going to give the owner 50% profit, when I told rob that was high way robbery he insisted that I take the deal, bottom line he was out of his mind, both the manager and Rob, he is a cool guy and, he is also working on a new location for me, so I won't speak to ill of him, just don't let him convince you that your beating competion by paying out half of your income...I will post again after he finds me a new location so you will know how long it took for my second location...I can say, they are really fast, and Rob is really great with responding, the reason why he does'nt answer the phone is probably because it interfers with all the work they have to do to place your machine, they have no time for that, trust me I tried to do it myself for a month and, I was stressed out, I still would recommmend them to anyone....don't knock till you try

#21 dperry324

dperry324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

Don't buy toy locations from them. I paid double the price for a toy location that they charge for candy charity locations, yet what I got were simple charity candy locations.

#22 rrb4kids

rrb4kids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hello... i have just used Kickstart for the first time.... I'm fairly new to this business. I have 33 locations already...my wife goes out to find locations on her own and we want to expand faster so we decided to buy 3 from Kickstart to help us out and to see for ourselves if they are legit. The first location they found for us was really close to one that we have had for a while so it was great... however the location was a really small gas station and there just wasn't any room for it so the owner turned it down. The next 2 locations they found for us came a week later and in the same day. One was an office (with about 40-50 people?) and another was a Pizza place. So i placed both of them and i'm really excited about them. I haven't serviced them yet so we'll see how good these locations are (I'll update in a few weeks with our results). So now i have one left to get from kickstart... it has taken a few weeks (it seemed like they forgot about me) so i emailed them. Rob emailed me back within 30 mins and said he had some locations he found for somebody else but not in the Zip Codes i put down. He sent me the zip codes and i looked at them and they are very close to where i have other machines and they are in an Apartment Building. I'm going to look at that location tomorrow and hopefully place a machine.

Right now i feel like i will be using these guys again as it doubles my efforts and is pretty cost effective!

#23 playa

playa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ok,

I'm back, I posted about a week ago, I said I would reply back, Robert is full of crap in my eyes, yes he responds via email almost immediately but he replies more like and automated reply, he doesn't address any of my concern, they don't update information, no one is every available for chat on their web page, in my opinion, Robert works from home, in his spare time, most of his time is spent spending your hard earned money, and having you sitting around like an @$$whole waiting, he is not professional at all, if you have time to waste then by all means pay him for nothing, I strongly recommend if he doesn't produce in a week get your money back, and don' let him convince you to pay more than 25%, when you factor in giving 50% plus paying taxes on your business, it will feel like you are still working a job...what the point of that?

#24 playa

playa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hello back again,

I got my money back from kickstart in a promt manner, I decided to go to businessbeanstalk.com, you can talk to them on the phone, and they don't give you false hope, I received a great location in about a week....sooooooooooo excited!!!

#25 rrb4kids

rrb4kids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hello back again,

I got my money back from kickstart in a promt manner, I decided to go to businessbeanstalk.com, you can talk to them on the phone, and they don't give you false hope, I received a great location in about a week....sooooooooooo excited!!!

Let me know how that location is after a month when you check it out for the first time...i'm curious!