• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rocketmower

rocketmower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hi folks, just started a small soda vending business. I currently have 6 used chineese mechainical machines (drink time)all located and earning. I just picked up a nice older Pepsi select-4 machine that the previous owner had lost the keys to. Being a Mechanic I was able to drill out the pins and open the lock, no problems there. I plugged it in and the compressor runs & cools, the Coinco changer (nickel, dime) was still full of coins and will spit them out when I hit the inventory buttons. However the machine does not seem to go into the vend cycle - coins fed into the changer just drop right though. I do have cans loaded in the rack to close the can/stock switches. The switches do seem to work, as the "make another selection" light comes on and off for each selection when I depress the switch for that row.

Am I missing something here? could the changer be bad?

Also I am trying to identify this machine, and how old is it?

The only ID tag is riveted to the right side at the rear. made by "Chicago Midwest Vending model 136"

attached is a pic.

Thanks for the help!
-Mike
Posted Image

#2 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Machine to the best of my knowledge was made between 1982 and 1989.
Here are a few simple suggestions to try before replacing any parts....

1. It sounds like it has low voltage in the coin changer. Check to see if each pin has voltage.
2. Is the LED light on or off on the changer?
3. If the light is off, check for continually on the pins
4. Check the fuses on the back of the board
5. Try cleaning the acceptor part
6. If the LED is on, check to see that the price is set properly to what you are inserting for coins. Make sure the price setting switches are all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom, if they are not fully "clicked" all the way to top or bottom, this will not allow it to accept any coins as the changer is uncertain of the vending price.
7. Check for any pinched wires
8. It does not go into vend cycle you say, this does not necessarily mean the switches work. Has there been any re-wiring of motors? Can you tell?
9. Try another coin changer in that machine, that will tell you right there if it is a coin changer problem, or a problem within the machine itself. It may have an issue with not necessarily the coin changer, but with a wiring harness.
10. Test the coin changer on a working machine to see if it is within the changer itself if you have the option to.

Hope this helps

#3 qualityvs

qualityvs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:52 AM

Have you taken the actual coin acceptor (top section) off and cleaned it well? You can use hot soapy water, as long as its one of the older coincos. It will tell you.