• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ctech

Ctech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

I just  bought 4 Seaga HF 2500 machines.  I have 2 of them up and working now and installed at sites this week.   I should have another one working within the next few weeks.  Does anyone have any experience with these machines?  Just wondering if I'm in for a lot of work / repairs or are they reliable?  I've been  getting mixed messages when I ask around.  Thanks

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

They are machines to avoid if you don't want headaches and problems.  They are made of imported parts and the tech support and parts support are abysmal and expensive.  The logic boards fail, the keypads fail, the motors fail, the plexiglass breaks or falls out, the delivery doors break, etc.  The most common problem you'll have is that the motor harnesses from an upper shelf will get caught on a lower shelf so that when you pull the upper shelf out again the harnesses get pulled off the motors and then you wonder why one or more selections don't work.  Another issue is if the location rocks the machine the soda cans will get jammed in the columns which requires you to fight to free them.

Just not a good choice.

#3 Ctech

Ctech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the info.  I noticed they seemed to be poorly built but I took a chance on them hoping to expand my business.   What is a good brand name machine to look for in used machines?  I'm on a budget so I can't afford the price of new ones right now.

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

Any used Dixie Narco, most Vendo, Royal, AP, most USI, most Crane/National, AMS.  You'll find that these are made in the USA with US made parts and with the exception of AP and Dixie who were bought by Crane, they are still in business.  Even AP and Dixie are still some of the best machines you can get because parts are so plentiful.  Crane still sells DN and AP parts as well in most cases.