• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david smith

david smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

i have dixie 276e that was cooling the day i got it then got it home now it does not cool as good. thermastat turned all the way up new to vending it cycles on for 20 seconds at a time is it low on freon or bad thermastat or what thank you for the help.

#2 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

hmm could be a bad compressor too, if its clicking on and off.

you can test the compressor by unplugging it and plugging it into an extension cord pluged into the wall if it cycles on and off its bad.

if it seems to work good, check the gas by checking the tube on the righthand side of the condensor, it should cool very quickly if it doesnt gas may be a bit low.

if the gas seems ok and the compressor runs while in an extension cord it could be the thermostat.

also you can cehck out the outlet the compressor plugs into in the machine with a multimeter make sure it seems working properly, but i'd replace the thermostat first before bothering to even check that.

#3 cvending

cvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

First, the thermostat should not be turned up all the way. It should be around the number 3 setting on the dial. Second, check to see that the condensor fan motor is running(fan between the compressor and the coils). If it is not working properly, your unit will not cool properly. Also check the evaporator fan motor (behind the deivery chute) to be sure it is running.