13 replies to this topic

#1 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

What other things can make a pop machine freeze over beside dirty coils, thermostat or fan not running?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

What other things can make a pop machine freeze over beside dirty coils, thermostat or fan not running?

Th at is about it...I was told Thermostat was most likely it..

#3 djpvending

djpvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

improper or faulty door seals on inner door. this problem will surface especially in hot humid weather. check the conditon of the seal completely around the edge of the inner door. also check the condition of the delivery chute door to assure it is closing after each vend. any leakage of air at these points allows humid warm air to be sucked in and it goes sraight to the cooling coils and will ice it up.

#4 JBVending

JBVending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

Usually a leaky door gasket. Clean and inspect gasket and make sure door closes tight. Also check drain hole by evaporator, make sure its clear and drain line has a trap in it (loop). Check vend door, make sure it closes. Make sure machine isn't to close to wall, feel condensor to see if running to hot. Thats a few of the "other" things it could be.

JB

#5 JBVending

JBVending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

ooops, sorry dj....looks like I posted same time you did.

JB

#6 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

OK, thanks. I'll check those things out. I'm sure it's not too close to the wall. It's been sitting there for a few years without any problems up until now. Cleaned the coils, but still gets frozen. I believe the fan is still running. I'll check out the rest. Thanks again.

#7 Spectres

Spectres

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

A good tip for everyone asking questions about pieces of equipment.

State the MODEL of each machine
If asking about coin mechs and DBV's>>>State what brand/model it is.

Your problem is probably as mentioned above>>>a faulty seal or an air gap somewhere.
OR your evap fans aren't spinning.

#8 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

A good tip for everyone asking questions about pieces of equipment.

State the MODEL of each machine
If asking about coin mechs and DBV's>>>State what brand/model it is.

Your problem is probably as mentioned above>>>a faulty seal or an air gap somewhere.
OR your evap fans aren't spinning.

I have finally decided it has to be the inner door seal. All of the usual suspects were proving to be ok except that one. Although the seal looks to be intact, there are a couple of spots where it is compressed and doesn't rebound anymore. I found that if I crank down the lock as tight as I can get it, it seems to seal and no more ice. I will replace the seal and I think that will solve it for good.

#9 vishal

vishal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

did that solve the problem (when you replaced the seal)? Or did you find out what was the problem?

I have finally decided it has to be the inner door seal. All of the usual suspects were proving to be ok except that one. Although the seal looks to be intact, there are a couple of spots where it is compressed and doesn't rebound anymore. I found that if I crank down the lock as tight as I can get it, it seems to seal and no more ice. I will replace the seal and I think that will solve it for good.

#10 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

I swore the door seal was going to do it...it didn't. Finally had to call the pros out to look at it. The customer was getting a little edgy about warm pop. They replaced the evaporator fan and motor...went back three days later and it was iced up again. They came back out and replaced the thermostat. I am going to run over there and check on it. I'll let you know if that did it.

#11 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Looks like the thermostat may have done it. It's still cold and not frozen over. I'm cautiously optimistic though as the humidity has been down for the last few days since the repair. It's supposed to rise this weekend, so we'll see if it holds up.

#12 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Looks like the thermostat may have done it. It's still cold and not frozen over. I'm cautiously optimistic though as the humidity has been down for the last few days since the repair. It's supposed to rise this weekend, so we'll see if it holds up.

That is what you was told to replace in the first place..

Part cost 25.00 you could have put it on your self..

So how much you out on this repair?

#13 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

You're right. I just had difficulty in going with the thermostat when it seemed to be kicking on and off correctly when the adjustment knob was turned. Also, when I cranked the door closed as hard as I could, it led me to believe that there was an air leak coming in somewhere. Yep, it cost me a little more than $25. But then again, the pros missed it the first time around, so I don't feel AS bad. Unfortunately, I have to chock this one up to another one of those hard-lesson-learned categories.

#14 Thevendingserviceguy

Thevendingserviceguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Very good tips guys !!