Close
Photo
- - - - -

WHAT IS THE AMP RATING ON A VENDO SODA MACHINE?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stang32

stang32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

i  HAVE A VENDO SODA MACHINE

the info on the door tag is

model 516307004   930419

serial # 201578

this is an eight selection, 5 wide and 3 narrow columns, Vendo V516

THAT KEEPS TRIPPING THE GFI IT IS PLUGGED INTO, I REPLACED THE GFI BUT THINK I SHOULD NOT BE PLUGGED INTO A GFI IN THE FIRST PLACE, ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS? 

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

The compressor can pull up to 16 amps when starting, but then not generally more that 8-9 amps while running.  Tripping the GFI could be caused by a short in the machine, a bad compressor, fan motor, coin mech, validator or the lighting harness/ballast.  You need to disconnect each of these items and then power the machine to see if the GFI still trips.  If so then check for a crushed power cord.  If with all disconnected the power stays on, then plug each circuit in one by one to see which one trips the GFI.  I would start with the compressor first, as that is more likely to be bad, then work your way through the disconnected circuits.

#3 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

AZVendor is right... Unplug the ballast, evaporator fan, condensor fan, even the coin mech and then plug them in one by one and see what the GFI does.  There is circuit tester you can get from any electronics store generally that has a magnetic loop that you can put a wire through and it will measure the amp/voltage level.  If the main power cord or the compressor power cord is pulling 15-16 amps constantly, then you may have a bad relay on the compressor, or even a bad compressor.  I just had the exact same problem on a USI soda machine and it ended up being the compressor.