• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Diaz Romero

Diaz Romero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

My Mars VFM1 validator will not accept bills.  It is not simply rejecting them, I cannot even insert a bill.

I replaced it with a refurbished one but the same thing happens.  My machine takes coins just fine, but could my coin mech (Mars MC5000) be at fault sending a bad signal to the validator?

#2 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Do you have plenty of coins in each tube in the coin changer?  When you insert a coin, does it go into the coin tube, or is it dropped strait to the cash box?

#3 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

The coin mech, if with full coin tubes, can have a problem if it is not enabling the validator.  You might also have a harness problem (look closely at all wires for any scrapes, cuts or broken wires), but more than likely the coin mech is the problem.

#4 Diaz Romero

Diaz Romero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

The coin tubes are all full and the coins drop into the cash box.  The harness wires visually appear to be fine.

#5 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

If you would like a replacement coin mech, send me a PM.  Hover over my name and click "PM this member."

#6 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Helping people understand and repair their own equipment.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Does the validator even power up (that is cycle when the power is turned on) The VFM's are very old, but it should power up at the very least. If you have no power to the validator a replacement will do the same thing. This is not a 100 percent check that there is power, just an easy quick check prior to going deeper into troubleshooting.