• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Does anyone out there use the .925 sized Gumball and is it a big to do to change over to this size from the 1' gumball.

Also. I am buying from Sams club. Is there a better way to buy bulk vending items out there I have not found yet? Local Sams does not stock Gumballs, Runts or Chicklet gum so I have to pay shipping everytime I need to order.

Thanks in Advance.

#2 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Just use 1".

K.G.

#3 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

I buy all my vending items from Sam's Club. If your local one does not currently carry an item you want......just ask. I have done so on several occasions and now they carry it full time. I compared Sam's to Costco and Sam's is better suited for us in the vending business. With said, I am always looking for better suppliers/bargains.

Lee

#4 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

I buy all my vending items from Sam's Club. If your local one does not currently carry an item you want......just ask. I have done so on several occasions and now they carry it full time. I compared Sam's to Costco and Sam's is better suited for us in the vending business. With said, I am always looking for better suppliers/bargains.

Lee

I will ask and thanks. I have found a site called Bulkmachine.com that looks to have some ok pricing as well, Anyone ever heard of these guys?

#5 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

schmedspub,

What state do you reside?

#6 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

schmedspub,

What state do you reside?

Just to your South in Connecticut

#7 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

Where at in CT? If you want to meet somewhere I can bring you some 1", runts and chiclets for cheaper than you can buy them online.

#8 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Where at in CT? If you want to meet somewhere I can bring you some 1", runts and chiclets for cheaper than you can buy them online.

I live in Hartford area and was planning on coming up to Sams in Springfield to see if they carry some of the items that the Manchester store does not carry. Looking for 1' gumballs, Chicklets and the sams version of runts. Also need to find a good Cashew supplyer as well. Do you know Stanley from Fun Stop in Mass? he suggested Virgina Spanish Peanuts in RI.

#9 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I am just down the street from Fun Stop here in the Springfield area. I am not aware of any Sam's here in Springfield. The closest Sams to me is in Worcester.

#10 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yeah I am just down the street from Fun Stop here in the Springfield area. I am not aware of any Sam's here in Springfield. The closest Sams to me is in Worcester.

I never met him but a friend had shared his number when I had a question about bulk vending. I believe he might be retired. He had over 2400 heads at one time. Im sure we might cross paths sooner or later. My name is Dave and I am buying out a bulk vending route that has some stops in northern Connecticut. Ive been in the vending business for a few years now and am adding more bulk vending. Buying out a route of 309 locations with 650 heads on road. another 250-300 heads in storage.

Just have to find some better suppliers that dont kill me on shipping.

#11 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

yeah I hear you. Listen, if you can justify the fuel expense the Sams in Worcester carries everything you're looking for.

Also, Let me know if you would like to shed some of those locations, I dont like my competition so close! :P

#12 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

yeah I hear you. Listen, if you can justify the fuel expense the Sams in Worcester carries everything you're looking for.

Also, Let me know if you would like to shed some of those locations, I dont like my competition so close! :P

Ill keep you posted : :rolleyes:

With the current vending route I find it easier to work with local vendors instead of banging heads. Cost to much $$ to bang heads.

Im only 45 mins to Worchester so I might take a ride up this weekend. Sams Online says Worchester does not carry these items instore, Are you sure they have these there?

Most of my accounts are in Hartford area and south so I might have to have you fill up a few machines in Suffield and mail me a check if you could :lol:

Dave

#13 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Most of my accounts are in Hartford area and south so I might have to have you fill up a few machines in Suffield and mail me a check if you could

LOL you're a funny guy!

Im only 45 mins to Worchester so I might take a ride up this weekend. Sams Online says Worchester does not carry these items instore, Are you sure they have these there?

I am positive they carry 1" DB, Runts, and the 9900 count DB tab gum. They do not however carry the sams version of runts. I think those are the rascals right? The Runts are cheaper in store than the rascals are shipped I believe.

#14 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

Yes, Rascles are DB brand, not sams. Thay sell like crap though.

K.G.

#15 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Thay sell like crap though.

Yeah I figured as much, I stick with runts.

#16 Guth Vending

Guth Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

Yeah I figured as much, I stick with runts.

That is what I do. I have got a few new locations today. I am using runts in several of them.

K.G.

#17 schmedspub

schmedspub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

LOL you're a funny guy!
I am positive they carry 1" DB, Runts, and the 9900 count DB tab gum. They do not however carry the sams version of runts. I think those are the rascals right? The Runts are cheaper in store than the rascals are shipped I believe.

I was in Berlin Connecticut this Morning at stopped by Sam's club. They has the Runts, Chicklets and 1" Gumballs instock so I dont have to drive up to Worcester MA to get the stuff!!!

What a relief! Saves me over $70 in shipping a week as well!