5 replies to this topic

#1 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:57 PM

The time has come for some new locks on my machines. I was using a lock that the local refurbishing company would sell to me. I liked the fact that they could make a service call for my machines with out me being there. When I found out that he was selling the company and his only employee was becoming disgruntled I realized that this was a bad idea. Since I did that I have added 5 machines that all have factory locks and different keys for each. This is starting to drive me crazy!! I think I need to rekey soon before I get too big and the investment becomes signifigant.

Where do you buy your locks? Are the high security locks worth the money?

Jeremiah

#2 Eman

Eman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:28 AM

The time has come for some new locks on my machines. I was using a lock that the local refurbishing company would sell to me. I liked the fact that they could make a service call for my machines with out me being there. When I found out that he was selling the company and his only employee was becoming disgruntled I realized that this was a bad idea. Since I did that I have added 5 machines that all have factory locks and different keys for each. This is starting to drive me crazy!! I think I need to rekey soon before I get too big and the investment becomes signifigant.

Jeremiah

I just re-keyed 6 machines - (not a bigtime operator). I used my local locksmith who handles my realestate. I had them keyed alike what a joy and productivity enhancer. I keep a key with me at all time so I can make emergency calls. If you are in the Philly / SJ are let met know and I get you the locksmiths name. You might even to order them over the phone and have them ship them - don't know for sure.

#3 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

Jeremiah

Ive bought off ebay before with a PO box account. One time I found 250 locks all keyed alike and brand new. I have also had mine rekeyed locally before.

#4 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

Ive bought off ebay before with a PO box account. One time I found 250 locks all keyed alike and brand new. I have also had mine rekeyed locally before.

What did it cost to have them rekeyed?

#5 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

What did it cost to have them rekeyed?

Its been awhile so not sure and I did alot of them. I did get my front doors rekeyed for 2 locks for $4 if that gives you any idea.

#6 DAVending

DAVending

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

go with medeco locks, lasts a lifetime. a real pain to copy key or drill out...great security.