Close

vend1ng's Content

There have been 169 items by vend1ng (Search limited from 05-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#12784 Snack/Drink Spoilage Tips

Posted by vend1ng on 10 December 2012 - 12:47 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Hi everyone,
I work with a vending company, and we have tried a couple pieces of software to help with our vending, one is called dynamic scheduling and the other is called a merchandiser. The Dynamic Scheduling let's us get a good estimate of what is in the machines at each location based on average days sales (ADS) and when we should send our driver there, resulting in more sales and less visits and we were able to know a work day off each driver. The merchandiser is to help us look at each machine and set the pars properly so we do not have a lot of spoilage.

But we seems to be having an issue with spoilage still, it could be a multitude of reasons, to include our sandwich machines. At times we double up on products then they spoil out, other times we just cant get things to pan out right it and too many line are sold out with little money in the machine. In my point of view, when we first started merchandising, our drivers were ok with it, then it got annoying, now they seem a little unsure due to so many changes.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the software (bugs maybe?) or how we are going about it. For example, we have one driver that services a place that gets very busy during the holiday season and the system show products selling more than they actually are so we up the pars so he doesn't have to go there daily, he comes back and says that they didnt need to go up and/or he doesnt fill the product up.

Anyone got any suggestions or want to share ideas on how they keep their spoilage down and their sales up?

Thanks,
Brian

Is this really a serious post? If it is inventory control isn't your problem. This sounds like a question for a shameless plug. If this is serious then you have serious problems. Spoilage is an issue but should never be a problem. Just my opinion not to insult anyone ..... I would fire the whole company and get out of vending.
Vend1ng

#12783 national 474 combo warm air

Posted by vend1ng on 10 December 2012 - 12:35 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

hi, went to fill machine, got there and the soda door was stuck open. warm air was blowing out. i didn't have time to investigate. i unpligged unit for about 5 minutes. plugged back in , i heard compressor turn on then kicked off after.
1) should i check for ice build up
2) fans are working. it was blowing hot air and temp was 78degrees!
3) do i check compressor?
4) maybe temperature sensor board?
i have a few of these crane/national combos. they are pretty reliable. only recall 1 problem with the newer combo was that i had to replace the temperature sensor probe. also had to replace ome micro switch on the soda selection doors.
any help or clues would be great thanks gary

It won't blow hot air if there is any ice build up. Did you hear compressor come on or the condenser fan? Does the condenser fan run? when you unplug it and plug it back in was there a 3 min delay before compressor came on? If you checked machine for temp and it was 78 then compressor isn't working, Temperature sensor board is working. Check air flow? Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#12782 Advice please troubleshooting machine problem

Posted by vend1ng on 10 December 2012 - 12:26 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have a snack vending machine that I have had for about 8 years and over the past 3 months the coils have gone to only partialy working.

The machine has 20 coils. First it was one that would only partialy vend, then a few then half now I am down to only 4 working slots and the rest partialy rotate. Is it posible that the micro switches are going bad or something else. Any advice or Ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Matt Dysarz

Its a SMII control board there are several things that could be the problem. The most common is the micro switch flip the plunger on the switch about 20 times with your finger making it click or pop when you do it I know that sounds dumb but there is a reason. Unless there is something common like all #1's or all B row then we may be chasing a needle in a hay stack. It could also be a loose solder connection on the control board check the power capacitor it will be the largest item on the control board with wires coming out each end. Check and make sure all the shelf wheels are on the tray especially the back corners. Also check the little control board soldered on the back of the motors that you are having trouble with they are notorious for bad solder connections. Just a thought
Vend1ng

#12752 New Vending Company

Posted by vend1ng on 20 November 2012 - 05:49 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

It seems most of these forums are pretty general and lack detail. In other words I am buying a large vending company that has snack, cola and arcade equipment. The systems are sloppy so I am looking for a proven business system like: Best brand of machines for drink and snack? Best forms to use (contract) ? Buy new or used snack machines? Location info like: Best sites, salesperson location training etc. Their are to many books to choose 1 or 2 to study. So I am looking for advise from people who have been in the business. Wher should i turn?

The issue here is your looking at the whole thing the wrong way. The important part is "Return on investment" (ROI). There is a place for every machine made BUT! not every place can use the same machine. Contracts are not worth much. i.e. your putting machines in another persons business if they don't want you anymore your out. They will never agree to a contract that doesn't give them that out. Of all the contracts or agreements I have made have been customized to that location. There are people on here that have written books and offer their services as a consultant I would check on that. there is alot of advice on here and since there has been no replys to this post I would say you have been contacted by people already my advice is run from them. If they don't pitch their stuff on here publicly they know we will tear them apart and be very cautious. If your serious I would talk to you on the phone it would take 30 min to an hour and if you will listen I would save you thousands of dollars in mistakes. I've done this for a living for almost 30 yrs no new vendor has listened yet. Those that have survived have come back to listen. Just my thoughts, good luck
Vend1ng

#12751 Snack machine help! Please

Posted by vend1ng on 20 November 2012 - 05:24 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I need to know which slots are half turning. I know that sounds dumb but its important.
Vend1ng

#12729 501E/600E, spits out the wrong product.

Posted by vend1ng on 04 November 2012 - 08:12 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I am by no means a vending guy. We purchased this machine for inside our FireHouse. It has served us very well. But all the sudden it refuses to vend the right slot. All still works fine as far as i know, except the guys get the wrong product. Anybody got any suggestions? Remember, I'm not a vending guy, so crayons and pictures are great. LOL, not quite that bad.

Bryan

If you could give us a little more info ..... Like push sel 3 get sel 5?etc.etc. Or is it giving out the same selection no matter what you push?
Vend1ng

#12726 Can a Vendo 576 vend 16.9 oz bottles and cans?

Posted by vend1ng on 02 November 2012 - 10:40 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Thanks so much...Specifically, I am looking at vending Pepsi products 16.9 ounce bottles in the Vendo 576...are these hard enough and do they have a sufficient diameter? They seem kind of narrow and I have avoided them in the past, but a pretty good account is making a specific request. The machine available to me is an 8 selection 576 that the current owner has set up for Gatorade 20 ounce bottles. If the 16.9 ounce bottles will vend, does that require any special shims or other parts?

Also, how about the Royal Vendors 804 as an alternative?

Thanks again,

Vic

I'm guessing you want to sell 16.9oz because you can get them at your local Cosco or Sams warehouse and I'm going to say NO they will not vend. Pepsi wants you to sell 20oz which you can only buy through them. I tried to explain in my first post but I must have lost you. I don't know what vendo 576 you have and it doesn't matter. If it is a 3 deep machine set it for 2 deep cans and use the same shims as cans. If it is a 4 deep machine set it for 2 deep and shim it for cans. If it is a 20oz machine it will have plastic motors and when the 16.9oz bottles smash and jam you may have to replace the motor. If you can squeeze the bottle and it makes a crinkling sound it will not vend!!! Buy the 20oz charge more and eliminate the problems. I'm just saying....
Vend1ng

#12722 Can a Vendo 576 vend 16.9 oz bottles and cans?

Posted by vend1ng on 31 October 2012 - 09:13 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Hello again...

I need a drink machine that will vend 16.9 ounce bottles and 16 ounce cans. The Vendo 576 manual claims it will vend 12 ounce cans, 20 ounce bottles, and "16.9 ounce glass bottles". Can you give me any info re: the machine vending 16 ouncers?

I am also looking at a Royal Vendors 804 that claims to vend all sizes, but it seems to be a huge machine. Better to go big?

Thanks,

Vic

Usually if a machine will vend a 12oz can it will vend 16.9oz bottles. BUT!!! ..... most 16.9oz bottles will not vend. If the bottle is soft sided and you can squeeze it before you unseal the bottle it will smash and get jammed in the machine. There are bottles that are vendable they are usually thicker plastic with ribbing. Next problem if it is a can machine that is not designed for 20oz bottles you can only use the 16.9oz bottles in the center selections or they may get turned sideways and jam the vend port door. Just my thoughts.
vend1ng

#12597 Vendo cooling deck icying up

Posted by vend1ng on 14 October 2012 - 11:14 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I believe your correct Steve about the freon. Everytime we have an evaporator iceing up at the top, when we tap the line and check the freon level, it is low. I am not a refer guy, but over the past 22 years this is what I have seen over and over. Yes Ruskie, this can be the case with a manual cold control. I hope you find the problem with your unit. I know frozen systems can sometimes be a bear to figure out.

Just curious if your not a refer tech how do check freon level? Since the only info on machines is in ounces do you pull it out and weigh it? How can frozen systems be a bear? Do they run on magic? Just wondering?
Vend1ng

#12596 Vendo cooling deck icying up

Posted by vend1ng on 14 October 2012 - 11:00 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Far be it for me to say I am an expert, vend1ng...... oh wait I did indicate in my second post that I wasn't a refer tech. So pardon me vend1ng for "stunning" you so, I didnt realize you were so thinned skin and intollerant. Lets look at InspectAPedia @http://inspectapedia...ACCoilFrost.htm. Scroll down to item #9 under "What Are the Common Causes & Repairs for Ice or Frost Build-up on an Air Conditioning Cooling Coil" . Icying does start at the top and if caught early enoughthat is where it stops because it is taken care of then. My company has over 3000 machines in the field. This includes office coffee, snacks, cold food, drink machines, both box and glass fronts, coffee vend machines. Our drivers are good, but they fill machines and go to the next one and alot don't look under the chute. This allows the ice to build up over some time, eventually covering the evaporator. We have taken these units out and check freon levels and they have been low, we check for leaks and sometimes don't find the really small ones, we recharge and put back in the field and they are fine for a short time. Then they start to freeze up again. Check freon levels and yes they are low again. We finally find the leak and repair it, and what do you know, no more freeze ups. But of course that is only in my world. In Mr. Vend1ng's myopic world it doesn't work like that. As to the statement "On most compressors now days they don't have enough BTUs to freeze cans " another tale from the impossible : We had a National 431 cold food, less than 6 months old had a triac go bad, I know Vend1ng triacs never go bad in your world, but this one did. Driver checked the temp in the machine, it was down to -5 deg. Machine had frozen rock solid everything. I didn't think it could have done it when the driver called me, so I went to the machine and it was down to -8 when I arrived. Called National and they said it wasn't possible, Not enough BTUs to do it. Had to put my temp probe in machine and take a picture of the readout to send to Crane National. I guess Vend1ng was Mr. "I know everything" at National that day too. Never claimed to know everything, admit that I am not an expert, only relaying what I have seen in my work over the years. Hate seeing good site trolled by self important arrogant people. So please Vend1ng, please stayed "STUNNED" when someone says something that may go against what you believe. At one time people thought the earth was flat, and they too were "STUNNED" when sailors sailed around the earth. You make the shallow minded people of the world proud sir.

Here is another idiot that doesnt know what he is talking about: watch at about 1 min 55 sec. :http://www.youtube.c...feature=related. Don't you just wish God would strike these morons down so Vend1ng doesn't have to breath the same air..... Vend1ng..... Oh my God someone call 911 Vend1ng has gone into "OVERSTUNNED".

Then why did you give false advice on subject you didn't know anything about when you knew you weren't a refer tech? With a tag of "Vendtech". The guy isn't even a "vendtech" and he knows it takes freon to freeze. Part of the purpose of this board is to help protect vendors from false advice. You are welcome to believe how ever you want and if your company wants to pay you for doing everything twice because you don't know HOW things work thats their problem. But if they come here and ask I'll tell them the truth. As for nat'l 431 depending on which era of machine they came with 1/2 hp compressors and do have the BTUs to freeze. The best part about this is this vendor here gets to decide who is "overstunned"
Vend1ng

#12586 Interesting problem with a 167 National

Posted by vend1ng on 10 October 2012 - 09:21 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

This is in reference to the "F" tray selection 0-8
Every once in a while the first item is missing from each of the five selections. No evidence of attempted break in or tampering with the delivery door. My suspicion is that the motors turn in reverse, is this possible? I have been unable to duplicate this problem with either test vend or actually making a purchase.

Any ideas? Bad interface board?

Hhhhhhhhmmmm ........ it is possible the motors could turn backwards but not probable. All the motors have blocking diodes that prevent that and they work on a XY system (roll & column) there would be more motors doing it. I would look for a skinny arm right handed person it fits the M O. Just my thoughts.
Vend1ng

#12581 Vendo cooling deck icying up

Posted by vend1ng on 06 October 2012 - 09:51 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Thanks for the reply, I did pull the drop chute to check the fans. How can low freon cause icing? I do have a manual temp controller. If its bad it will either not start the compressor or not turn it off at the set temperature. So if the compressor continually runs without defrosting, frost will accumulate until the whole unit is a solid block of ice. Could this be the case?

I understand that a compressor allowed to run continuously would freeze the cans or bottles, this is not the case here? Or both can occur?
Thanks for your input.

Change the t-stat its bad..... There is NO WAY possible for a evap to freeze completely from top to bottom with low freon. If it could we wouldn't need freon!! Yes you can get some ice on a corner where the cap tube enters the evap coil but that is it ...... I am stunned that some one with a tag "Vendtech" would even say that. Its simple it takes freon to make it freeze and a frozen coil is to much freezing caused by running continually. Cans may or may not freeze if t-stat sticks. On most compressors now days they don't have enough BTUs to freeze cans you may get freezing on diet pop and depending on how many cans you have in the machine. Just my thoughts
Vend1ng

#12529 soda machines in the winter

Posted by vend1ng on 24 September 2012 - 09:27 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Is that the same heat that causes those cans to explode when you leave them in the machine while sitting in the warehouse unplugged?
vend1ng

#12520 Vendo 721 dispensing doubles; need help!

Posted by vend1ng on 20 September 2012 - 08:29 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Hello again...

Having some problems with a Vendo 721 drink machine vending doubles. I have the 10 selection machine set up to vend seven 12 oz cans and 3 16.9 oz bottles. I think the 16.9 oz bottles should not be vended without some sort of spacer that may not be in the machine...will check that.

Main problem is this. I have the can depth set at 4. The manual indicates depth for cans to height of 4.85" is 3...setting for cans 4.85 to 6.5" is 4. I measure a 12 oz can at about 4.85". Any suggestions for proper setting? Three or four?

I digress. Here is what I found today. First vend for any choice (can or bottle) vends 2 items. Next vend for same item vends one. Third vend for same item vends one. Fourth vend for same item vends nothing and machine shows "sold out" even though lots of product remains.

I just found "product step" info in manual indicating it should be forward for cans...it may not be. Could this explain the double vends and other problems (e.g., sold out when it is not). Same thing happens with the 16.9 oz bottles. I don't know that the drop sensor could be the problem as it vends singles too.

Also came across info in the manual about "jogging" the cradles...could they be out of alignment so it doesn't load properly? Machine was set up for 20 oz bottles when I got it.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Vic

First I suck at model numbers, SO! Just because you set back spacers for 4 deep that doesn't tell the machine anything. If it uses a drop sensor then you have to program for depth or it senses drop and stops. If it had 20oz you'll need spacers for cans. Also every area of the country can use different configuration of bottle. Also I don't know of any 16 oz beverage bottle that is vendable they are soft sided and will smash and jam. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#12509 Dixie Narco 501E CoinCo Bill Acceptor Replacement Help?

Posted by vend1ng on 17 September 2012 - 10:39 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

The machine and bill validator were working before until just recently.

I had that bill acceptor installed by a local vending repair tech, so I hope he knew what he was doing.

I definitely want to change it and get the proper good equipment.

Your fine there is a MDB connection on that 117v it is not common but can have the connection. The coin mech and vali on ebay is what you need it really doesn't get better than those and its not a bad price. Research the company and if your satisfied go for it. or you can fix your vali for about 75.00 plus shipping. Just a thought
Vend1ng

#12501 drop sensor

Posted by vend1ng on 16 September 2012 - 01:02 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Hi very new in vending business here would like to check whether will the sales meter be correct if the machine has a faulty drop sensor?

Don't know positively ..... But without the drop sensor the selection will drop more than one can, therefore sales meter will not be correct. My thoughts.
Vend1ng

#12500 Dixie Narco 501E CoinCo Bill Acceptor Replacement Help?

Posted by vend1ng on 16 September 2012 - 12:57 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Ok thanks for the help

Here is a video of how the machine is set up with what plugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaNTV2fWjc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yes, You will need a 24v MEI 2000 series validator with a MDB harness.
Vend1ng

#12495 Dixie Narco 501E CoinCo Bill Acceptor Replacement Help?

Posted by vend1ng on 14 September 2012 - 10:25 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Got a dixie narco 501e that I had a bill acceptor put into it.

Acceptor is : CoinCo BA50B
Coin Mech is : Mars TRC 6xxx series.

The bill acceptor stops working after every few dollar bills. The dollar bill gets jammed in between the bill box and the acceptor.

I tried cleaning it already and i'm pretty sure its not just a bad bill, because it's like that every time I go to the machine and fix it.

Want to change Coinco to Mars Mei bill acceptor, but not sure which one is compatible.

If you guys need anymore information, i can get it. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

http://tinypic.com/r/dhe89d/6 (BILL ACCEPTOR)

http://tinypic.com/r/1siplz/6 (COIN MECH)

http://tinypic.com/r/17e6g7/6 (COIN MECH SERIAL)

You have a bad drive motor on your vali, The mei 2000 series will work but you also need the harness for an MDB system. The coinco vali you show is a 117v vali but I can't see the connector in the control box. The connector above it looks like MDB. The point being it is possible have 110v coinco with MDB connector but you will need a 24v MEI with MDB connection. Just get me a pic of the cable end of the vali control box. Then I can tell you positive what you need. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#12483 Vendo 475 Missing coin mech

Posted by vend1ng on 11 September 2012 - 10:01 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have the opportunity to pick up a soda machine. I believe it is a Vendo 475. I can get the unit for $100. The problem I've noticed is the coin mech is missing from it.

I don't know where to start looking as I don't know what coin mechs are compatible with it. Then on top of that, if I'm buying a used one or new one what one would I be on the lookout for?

The numbers I could find on the inside of the machine:
475 Unit
389149c

It has Orange Crush logo on it. It has a bill acceptor also, but the indicator light inside the machine blinks 5 times indicating a bill jam? I suspect it might just do that because it's not hooked up to a coin mech? There is also a wiring harness that is a 6 plug that is not connected to anything. It looks like it would connect to the coin mech if it had one. Only 2 wires go to it even though it is a 6 plug.

The machine would be for a tropical fish store in which I am opening in a few months. I've seen some other soda machines do well in on fish stores. Due to the humidity and heat in them naturally it makes people thirsty obviously.

If anyone could give me some advice on where to start with the coin mechs that'd be great. I plan to go take pictures of the unit inside and out. This will help people indentify it and be good for me troubleshooting any further problems.

It had a sign on it that says if the soda doesn't dispense then hold the button down for a few seconds. Also the previous owner said it had to be cycled a few times when restocked. As in you'd vend each column of cans 2-3 times after restocking.

If those 2 comments raise any other maintence flags that'd be nice to hear about ahead of time.

Thanks.

The 475 is a very good machine, BUT! can come in many different configurations since Vendo has been making the 475 for over 35 years. If I had pics it would help a lot. A pic of where the coin mech mounts would be great. A slight problem is bill acceptor flashing 5 is strange since there is no coin mech it should be flashing 2 "disconnected from coin mech". Also need to know what kind of bill acceptor you have. Does the machine have a digital read out on the front?
Vend1ng

#12472 S75-9800B

Posted by vend1ng on 06 September 2012 - 09:31 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

sorry if i ask stupid questions. So these models are working with MDB protocol?

Wilson

No, they are single price

#12463 soda machines in the winter

Posted by vend1ng on 02 September 2012 - 09:30 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

This is probabily a dumb question but I don't know the awnser and what a better place to ask. As I stated before I have a vendo 475 and when I get it up and running again I cant help but think about the winter months right around the corner. What needs to be done over the winter months. I am in eastern nebraska and it gets rather cold here, I suppose 15 below zero isn't too out of hand for a low temp when mother nature is not too kind. In those kind of temps do I need to have the machine cleaned out? There has to be machines that vend in those kind of temps. I don't know if I keep it out of the wind maybe it would survive or will I need some heat to keep from a disaster?

Thank you.

Insulation works both ways ...... In the heat and in the cold ..... At 15 below I doubt if anyone cares if the pop isn't that cold! ..... I'm just saying it will work.
Vending

#12462 Snackshop 4000 Problem

Posted by vend1ng on 02 September 2012 - 09:24 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

It will not let you make a selection or even show price when you hit buttons in op and test mode.

That will not put anything on the display untill you put money in it
Vend1ng

#12437 S75-9800B

Posted by vend1ng on 28 August 2012 - 10:43 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Does anyone know what coin mech is compatible to the old S75-9800B?

Any single price mech, Mc5800,mc5802, trc6800, trc6802, 9300, etc. etc. as long as its single price has the 8 pin jones plug and the voltage is the same it will work. There are 24v and 110v. Just a thought
Vend1ng

#12436 National Vending 21ce snack machine Help please

Posted by vend1ng on 28 August 2012 - 10:38 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

See thats where it gets confusing. If i change dip switch A to say .50 it will change in a very random order.
the trays are laid out as follows
1F F=front
1R R=rear
2F
2R
3F
3M M=Middle
3R
ETC.....

Now dip switch 'A' set to .50 changes 1st and 2nd shelves then 4F and 7R to .50
Thats where I think they are wired funny, And I looked everywhere and no more dip switches.
I set everything at .60 to get the fairest pricing for myself and the customer. (this machine is in a plant that I manage, I am a general manager for a dry cleaner and do vending part time) So it is easy to puts with it unlike if it was on location at a customers place of business.

I did find out it is actually American Vendor and not American Vending and someone said they are still in business, I am going to contact them and see if they have an old manual laying around, but I doubt it seeing the age of the machine.

With out seeing the machine and coils it is hard. It is possible that they used a mixture of narrow and wide coils per price line. That is why I said to test it the way I said you can go through and write it down it will make sense. Also each price line has a different colored wire that color will run through each motor on that price line. i.e. A is red so if all those motors you tested have a red wire then they will be on the same price line. Just a thought.
vend1ng

#12435 Vendo 475, dixie narco changer, stopped working.

Posted by vend1ng on 28 August 2012 - 10:21 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I manually ran every motor this morning and every column vended fine. The bill validator has power to and is blinking an error, according to what the lable says the error that states the following "vendor- credit empty". When I unplug and plug in the coin mech. the bill acceptor cylces. I removed the coin mech. and took off the front top piece, the one that removes by pushing up the two tabs at the top and pulls out from the bottom. After removing that I could not see any coins jammed. I dumped out enough coins to put the levels at half way to see if maybe it would help start vending again due to the fact it has lower coin levels, no luck. When I removed the front piece I noticed a red light on, not sure what that indicates but maybe that means something to someone. It really seems like the coin mech. is allowing power to pass through to the bill acceptor but none of its functions are operating correctly. It has been a really hot dry summer here and I thought that something would fail eventually but now it has cooled down, its odd that all the sudden it stopped now. This machined did though encounter its first rain since it was put back into service 3 months ago, maybe it got some moisture somewhere it wasn't supposed to. Thanks for the help.

If what you say is the way it is and the payouts don't work them coin mech needs repaired. Now the bad news not many people work on the MC5000 series mechs any more. The head has to be tuned on a computer, Which I can do but the cost of repair will be 75.00 - 100.00. you can pick up a TRC6800H coinmech for that price and would be much better than repairing yours. Just a thought.
Vend1ng