• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sjaguar13

sjaguar13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

I am looking at placing a few video games, but the one I have so far doesn't do very well. Are there any games that a definite money makers?

#2 coinopdirect

coinopdirect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

I am looking at placing a few video games, but the one I have so far doesn't do very well. Are there any games that a definite money makers?

The market for Coin-Op video is basicaly dead. I would strongly suggest you divert your amusement vending operations in the direction of skill merchandisers. If you still want to stick with video, here are my suggestions.

The top earners for video are shooters and drivers. In my area here are 3 of the best earners per type:

Shooters: Big Buck Hunter, Call of the wild - Ranger Mission - Area 51 (Old title but still has strong play life)

Drivers: Fast & Furious - Fast & Furious, Tokyo Drift - Artic Thunder (Another older title but a good earner)

Videos go stale very quickly and require you to rotate them between locations frequently. They are costly to repair and the return on investment is just not there anymore. Purchase your videos from sources other than distributors. Go to the auctions and contact other operators and see if they have any they want to sell off.

PS: What title are you operating now and what type of location is it placed at?

#3 sjaguar13

sjaguar13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

I have Operation Wolf. It's at a theater where local bands play. The theater is currently opened on Friday only. So my 1 day revenue is also my weekly revenue. It will be opened Friday through Sunday soon, and then 7 days a week in the summer. I am kinda hoping things are starting off slow, but will pick up when the theater is opened more.

#4 Vending_General

Vending_General

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

One idea that would be worth looking into is retro-games such as robotron, pacman, galaga, or some combo.

#5 momof3

momof3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

Iam also looking into getting into the the video game market. here's the deal I have a friend who works for an tourist attraction. Currently there is a space for lease and apparently there use to be a game room but it closed down because another company bought it out from the owner and from what he says it was always pretty busy in there, he says it was self managed. Anyway he thinks that I should approach the regional manager about possibly renting the space but from reading these threads (the market is basically dead) Iam starting to think it won't be profitable for me. can I get any input from seasoned vendors about my situation?

Thanks

#6 BobsterD

BobsterD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

I place all of my arcade games in laundromats, and they all hit a home run. Mostly use older games that mom & dad like... Ms. Pac, Galaga, Centipede, etc... and driving games do well also.

#7 Tradesmen1

Tradesmen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

The old Atari type games seem to be popular around my area. (Pac-Man, Pole Position, etc.)

#8 Artemetra

Artemetra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

This is a bit of an old thread, but I'd like to add something - there might be some life in your old video games if you place them in Frat houses or Sororities. I had good luck a long time ago with it. If you live in a college town, and the Union building already has a big operator, the houses are still a possiblity.