• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

hey i just recently bought a snackshop 4000 from a farmer it is in decent condition. i am new with this i power the machine on the coin mech i think is bad but not sure. when i hit service on the led display i then push the quarter butten but nothing ejects out of the quarter holder when i try to just feed money into the coin mech it just falls out onto the ground. is there somthing im doing wrong the coin mech is a TRC-6000. If i buy a new coin mech can i upgrade to a bill validtor also?

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

hey i just recently bought a snackshop 4000 from a farmer it is in decent condition. i am new with this i power the machine on the coin mech i think is bad but not sure. when i hit service on the led display i then push the quarter butten but nothing ejects out of the quarter holder when i try to just feed money into the coin mech it just falls out onto the ground. is there somthing im doing wrong the coin mech is a TRC-6000. If i buy a new coin mech can i upgrade to a bill validtor also?

Ok.... First there is no service button on the led display.... On the control board or control module? Did you turn power switch on? Did you check circuit breaker right by power switch? Did you set the prices in the machine? Is the front display lit? Do you have a red light on the control board or module? You lost me on "button on the led display" So if the control board is mounted on the inside of the door you "can" put a bill validator on the machine but requires a kit and is cost prohibitive. If the control board is mounted on a slideout inside the machine you "can" also put a validator on it IF it has a hole for it right under the key pad and if you get the right vali and harness and adapter. It may also require a swing out mounting plate for the coinmech. The Trc-600 has nothing to do with what or if you can have a vali and is the only mech I would use in that machine.

#3 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Make sure the power switch is on, and hit the service button on the service pad. The display should light up completely, showing a lot of 8s. If you get everything powered up good, and it still won't take coins, then we can try tuning the coin changer next.

#4 JBVending

JBVending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

Press the check price button and make sure prices are set and not zeroed out caused by a low battery. Next push the operare button and make sure the red lite comes on. It should then take money. Try nickles, dimes and quarters. If it wont accept any try another coin acceptor.

JB

#5 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

I hit service yes it shows all 8s I can also set price I have set a price of 25¢ and it is still there 2 days later. I close the machine up and when try to put change in it drops down to the return right away. I out on free vending on one of the selections and the item bar spins so I know my board is not bad.

#6 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Here is a link to the tuning procedure for the TRC series coin changer, which is what you have. Try this first. If it doesn't work, then the coin mech is probably bad.

http://www.brockcomp...h Procedure.pdf

#7 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

I hit service yes it shows all 8s I can also set price I have set a price of 25¢ and it is still there 2 days later. I close the machine up and when try to put change in it drops down to the return right away. I out on free vending on one of the selections and the item bar spins so I know my board is not bad.

There is no free vend on a AP 4000,
Vend1ng

#8 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

So i went ahead and bought a new coin mechanism. I installed it in my machine, machine powers on I here the mechanism click when I turn the machine on as well. I set the price to 25¢ and when i close up the machine and try to put a quarter in , the quarter just falls to the return slot. Could it be my control board?

#9 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

The mech clicking is often times normal; its usually just the solenoid resetting itself. I think that your money board may be bad. Does the validator work? Check and see if there is a money board attached to the main control board. It may have 2 red LED lights on it, and is located near the center part on the left right hand side of the control board. If you see one there, then try this.

1. Power down the machine

2. Unplug all harnesses going to that board

3. Unplug that little board from the main board

4. Plug the harnesses back into the main control board where you unplugged the money board. Make sure that you don't miss pins.

5. With this, your validator won't be plugged in, but it will tell us if the money board is dead

6. Plug the machine back in, and test the changer. If it works, then we need to replace the money board

7. NOTE! Be carefull when handling the boards. They are sensitive, and can be shorted out just by a wrong touch. Try to hold the boards on the sides, and don't touch components on them.

#10 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

i will try this tomorrow when i get out of work and will post the updates and let your know what happens. thanks

#11 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

So i went ahead and bought a new coin mechanism. I installed it in my machine, machine powers on I here the mechanism click when I turn the machine on as well. I set the price to 25¢ and when i close up the machine and try to put a quarter in , the quarter just falls to the return slot. Could it be my control board?

The mech clicking is often times normal; its usually just the solenoid resetting itself. I think that your money board may be bad. Does the validator work? Check and see if there is a money board attached to the main control board. It may have 2 red LED lights on it, and is located near the center part on the left right hand side of the control board. If you see one there, then try this.

1. Power down the machine

2. Unplug all harnesses going to that board

3. Unplug that little board from the main board

4. Plug the harnesses back into the main control board where you unplugged the money board. Make sure that you don't miss pins.

5. With this, your validator won't be plugged in, but it will tell us if the money board is dead

6. Plug the machine back in, and test the changer. If it works, then we need to replace the money board

7. NOTE! Be carefull when handling the boards. They are sensitive, and can be shorted out just by a wrong touch. Try to hold the boards on the sides, and don't touch components on them.

A money board? What the heck is that? " I here the mechanism click " If you hear the mech click when you power up that is probably not good.... I'm beginning to think you two our jerking our chain ..... there is no service button on a led board, there is no free vend on an AP 4000 and I have never heard of a "money board" on any vending machine and I'm pretty sure that there is no "center part on the left right hand side " of anything. Just my personal opinion, Good Luck!
Vend1ng

#12 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I didn't say there was a service switch on the money board, because you are right, there isn't one. Some cases of the mech clicking can indicate it has a problem. Sometimes though, the gate solenoid which directs the coins to the tubes becomes loose, (like during shipment) and will reset itself into its place when power is applied. It is perfectly normal. An easy way to fix it is to remove the gate cover and re-position it and tighten the retainer screws.

As for the money board, call anybody, Vendors Exchange, AP, or any repair service that has been around for a while, and they will tell you that there were two money boards made at one point for that machine. AMT made one, and Lutech made on. They plug into the pins on the board where the coin mech usually plugs in, then the coin mech plugs into that.

They no longer make the boards, and the only way to have a validator in those machines is to buy an InOne kit or a micro mech to MDB kit from Vendors Exchange.

#13 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

What I meant by free vend I priced the selection to 00.00 and it takes it as free and the coils turn. As for service on the led I meant on the control board which has led lights above the but tens when pushed.

#14 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

So i was watching the mechanism when i turned the machine on and the clicking noise is the change tubes at the bottom it looks like what pushes the coins out slides forward on my nickels slot but that's it

#15 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

One the payouts, that wouldn't be the changer resetting itself. Might be another issue. Is there a money board on there? What does the validator plug into?

#16 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

The validator plugs into a socket mounted on the door that pulls out where the change mechanism is mounted. It the runs through the bottom of the machine under the candy stop box and tight to the control board. I don't know what the money board would.look like

#17 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

What I meant by free vend I priced the selection to 00.00 and it takes it as free and the coils turn. As for service on the led I meant on the control board which has led lights above the but tens when pushed.

Now we're getting some where, But that machine will not free vend when priced at 00.00 thats default setting and you price a selection at 00.00 to take it out of service. If it does and the coin mech clicks at start up you probably have a control board problem and or coin mech problem. But first try unplugging the ribbon connector that goes to the display and then try testing the machine you won't have any display so you will have to test selections that you know the price on main thing is 1. does the coinmech now take money 2. does the coinmech now payout coins. If so then your display board will need repair. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#18 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

He's right, if all the selections are set at $00.00, it won't take money. Are all the selections that way, or just a few?

#19 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

just one was set to 00.00 just to see if the coils would turn.

#20 Mikerod101

Mikerod101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

would the code have anything to do with it not taking money. it says in the manual that u should have a price and code but idk what the code would mean.

#21 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Listen, forget about the code. Its irrelevant. As long as when you go into check price mode and it shows a price for each selection, you are fine. Check for a money board! What does the validator plug into? If there is a smaller board sitting out from the main board, then follow the steps I listed above and see what happens.

Might be a stupid question, but have you checked to make sure that each tray is plugged in firmly?

#22 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

would the code have anything to do with it not taking money. it says in the manual that u should have a price and code but idk what the code would mean.

No, code means nothing, disconnect the display board and test. I know that sounds stupid but there is a data retrival circuit accessed from the display board from outside the machine. there is a dog iron looking symbal bottom right hand corner that uses an infrared circuit to down load information sometimes when that circuit goes out the machine will do weird things it can be a simple repair as simple as putting tape over the eyes. Just a thought.
Vend1ng