19 replies to this topic

#1 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

How many football fanatics do we have in here? I for one can not wait until the season kicks off. Every off season I try to pick a new sport to watch to get me through until the next football season but nothing ever satisfies. 3 years ago I tried baseball, 2 years ago basketball, last year racing and this year I am trying to get into baseball again. Nothing does it for me like football.

I've been a die hard Patriots fan since 1986 when they got their butts handed to them by the Bears in Super Bowl 20. I expect great things from them this year and the Randy Moss deal just has me salivating for another Super Bowl victory.

What Kind of fans do we have in here? Who do you pull for?

#2 nomoneynomo

nomoneynomo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Although I really enjoy my Nascar I love football season even more. For me though it's all about college football. I just love the rivalries and these college kids seem to play harder than most pros. I'm from Louisiana so of course I am a huge LSU fan. If you are a Patriot fan then you can't help but be an LSU fan since it seems as though half of your players come from here. I do watch the pros still and of course I root for the Saints!

#3 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

I do watch the pros still and of course I root for the Saints!

How about them Saints! They had a great year last year and I was pulling for them to go on to the superbowl for the NFC. I sure wouldnt mind seeing them get there next year.

I just love the rivalries and these college kids seem to play harder than most pros.

I couldnt agree more. I am not a huge college fan, partly because of the ranking system they have, but I did sit down to watch a game last year between OSU and Mich. That game really impressed me. It seemed as if they could do anything. Every play seemed like it was the last play of the game and they were going for the win. I'm going to try to watch more college ball this year.

#4 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

Who doesn't love football!? I probably like college football a little bit more than the NFL, but I love them both! I am an Illini fan and a Bears fan (I grew up in Central Illinois). Maybe the Illini can actually string six wins together so they can go to a bowl game for the first time in several years? Maybe Rex Grossman can actually learn how to hold onto the football and not totally choke when playing in big games this season? We shall see...

#5 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

How do you think DA Bears will fare this year Ryan? Did they make any big offseason moves? I havent really followed the NFC this offseason. Do you think they are still a viable contender again?

#6 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:29 AM

How do you think DA Bears will fare this year Ryan? Did they make any big offseason moves? I havent really followed the NFC this offseason. Do you think they are still a viable contender again?

I really don't think they are a contender this year. I predict they make the playoffs and lose early. Three reasons for this:

1) Rex Grossman is still their starting QB...enough said!
2) Lance Briggs will probably sit out all year because he is bitter that the team put the franchise tag on him...who is going to replace him on defense?
3) Thomas Jones signed with the Jets, so the Bears will have to go with Cedric Benson as their starting RB, and I'm not convinced that he is really good enough for this role.

On the positive side, Tank Johnson was finally kicked off the team, so this is good news.

So, I'm not optimistic about the Bears this years...however, the NFL is always full of surprises and you never know.

#7 Eric w/ USEDvending.com

Eric w/ USEDvending.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:16 AM

Football is my sport as well!!! Other than the show 24 & Christmas, not much gets me as pumped as football season. Also being from Baton Rouge, our house revolves around LSU football. I can't wait till my little boy gets old enough to change his room from elephants & giraffes to purple & gold. I already have the Fathead wall graphic in the closet :-)

I also follow the Saints closely, but nothing compares to Saturday night in Tiger stadium against a strong opponent. Ooooh, I'm getting chills just thinking about it. If you've never been, you probably can't understand. However, we lost 4 first rounders last year; so, I hope this #2 ranking that most are giving us is realistic.

At least Oakland should be fun to watch; Jamarcus Russell is UNBELIEVABLE. If he can stay healthy & has great receivers & a good line, he will blow away every QB record ever made.

Anyway, I'm like Cessari; for me, nothing compares to football.

#8 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:32 AM

I also follow the Saints closely, but nothing compares to Saturday night in Tiger stadium against a strong opponent. Ooooh, I'm getting chills just thinking about it. If you've never been, you probably can't understand.

Everyone I have spoken with that has gone to an SEC football game says the same thing...you can't beat the atmosphere...definitely something that is on my sports list of things to do!

#9 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Everyone I have spoken with that has gone to an SEC football game says the same thing...you can't beat the atmosphere...definitely something that is on my sports list of things to do!

Roll tide, love football, but I'd have to say Nascar is number 1 in our house, where esle can you get so much drama, besides watching the daily soap's.

#10 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Yea I remember when I lived down south everybody loved NASCAR. It is catching on up here as well however I just dont see how you can get so excited about cars driving aroung in circles. I must admit though, I know very little about it so I'm sure there is some strategy involved. I do like to see the wrecks though! :D

#11 nomoneynomo

nomoneynomo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Yea I remember when I lived down south everybody loved NASCAR. It is catching on up here as well however I just dont see how you can get so excited about cars driving aroung in circles. I must admit though, I know very little about it so I'm sure there is some strategy involved. I do like to see the wrecks though! :D

Its just like saying I don't like watching Tennis because all they do is hit a ball back and forth, or I don't like golf because they hit a ball and then chase it down and hit it again. There are a lot of Nascar fans here in the south and the good thing about this sport is that we only have about a three month off season. What you really need to do is go to a race and you will be hooked. We just love it here but if there is a college football game on at the same time I will just have to watch the race during commercials. NFL football can just wait until after Nascar season.

#12 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

Well now that you mention it, I really don't like watching Tennis because all they do is hit a ball back and forth, and I don't like golf because they hit a ball and then chase it down and hit it again. :P

In all seriousness though, I grew up in Nashville so I know full well how rabid the NASCAR fans are there. I've even been to a few in Bristol. It was OK but it didnt get me excited like watching a Pats game.

#13 nomoneynomo

nomoneynomo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

Maybe the fact that I grew up with it plays a big part in being a huge fan. My Dad never watched football or really any sports except for Nascar racing and we used to watch guys fishing all the time on T.V. Pretty exciting stuff huh? The thing is now I love Nacsar and I love to fish so I guess thats where it comes from.

#14 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:35 AM

Ouch, 0-1 this preseason. Oh well, most those guys wont even be Patriots come the start of the season anyway.

#15 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

OWWEEEE, 0-2! What the H***

#16 momunch

momunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Making the most of our vending route

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

How many football fanatics do we have in here? I for one can not wait until the season kicks off. Every off season I try to pick a new sport to watch to get me through until the next football season but nothing ever satisfies. 3 years ago I tried baseball, 2 years ago basketball, last year racing and this year I am trying to get into baseball again. Nothing does it for me like football.

I've been a die hard Patriots fan since 1986 when they got their butts handed to them by the Bears in Super Bowl 20. I expect great things from them this year and the Randy Moss deal just has me salivating for another Super Bowl victory.

What Kind of fans do we have in here? Who do you pull for?

How can you be from Massachusettes and not be a Bruins fan
I grew up in Melrose and my Father an Irish immigrant found Hockey to be the only sport in America he could get into so growing up I would watch the first 2 periods with him then it was time for bed but I could still keep score by listening to my dad if I heard "@!$$#^#^%" I knew the other team scored
Wow Memories
oh Yeah Go Browns

#17 homie123

homie123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Denver Bronco fan since 1968 here. now live in Texas but still a die hard Bronco fan. Nascar is my favorite and to really enjoy it you must have a favorite driver. I have been to 2 nascar races at texas motor speedway. best thing about nascar is my wife enjoys watching too, about the only thing we do together :wacko:

#18 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Denver Bronco fan since 1968 here. now live in Texas but still a die hard Bronco fan. Nascar is my favorite and to really enjoy it you must have a favorite driver. I have been to 2 nascar races at texas motor speedway. best thing about nascar is my wife enjoys watching too, about the only thing we do together :wacko:

Homie,

I reside in Colorado and a Bronco fan. They better get their act together or Indy is going to destroy them.

Lee

#19 Dirk

Dirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

I have been a Steelers Fan since before they won their first Super Bowl. HeHeHe, I remember when Steeler fans were ready to lynch Terry Bradshaw because the offense did little to nothing. Once the Steelers found some offense to go with their defense, they were unstoppable. The team has the same plan to this day, strong defense compensates for their offense!

#20 personal vending machine

personal vending machine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:vending machines and the business learning as much as possible.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

Ready 4 sum football lol? well roll tide, of course im from alabama and the sec alwayz has the most competition and the games are crunk.

I like the nfl also, I like the titans this year.