5 replies to this topic

#1 The Silver Duck

The Silver Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

I have a D/N machine that I have set for 12oz cans. Has anyone tried the smaller cans of chips, like the Pringles Grab & Go from a drink machine? I am curious if this can be done.

#2 Michaeljp86

Michaeljp86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Seems like it would work in a machine that could have cans or bottles. Those seem to have more adjustments on container size.

I hope people like cold chips. :D

#3 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

The diameter is the same pretty much, but it turns the chips cold. I have also tried the tall pringles containers in a bottle machine, but cold chips aren't very appealing

#4 wooowooo

wooowooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

Wow, I have wondered the same thing before...........

#5 Dirk

Dirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Speaking as a TOTAL potato chip addict, I would love chips with my soda. I would not care if the chips were cold (of course in the south - where I am - the chips won't be cold long).

#6 djpvending

djpvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

about 12 years ago vendors exchange developed a bubble front "pringles" machine and it was test marketed in several state......i ran a service call for them, and they had basically used a dixie narco 501, gutted the refrigeration, and configured the colums for the cans.....they were tested in front of major grocery stores, usually next to pepsi and coke machines......machine was red with a red pringles logo front....unfortunately was not accepted.......so to answer...i know they will work in a dixie.....if you do this, try limiting the amount you put in....while it is true they will be cold....filling it too full may affect the integrity of the product....

FYI....snack refrigerated is becoming more and more prevalant....manufacturers, such as crane and usi and ams offer refrigerated glassfronts, advocating drinks food snacks candy etc. from one machine......and all of these models operate below 42 degrees....