3 replies to this topic

#1 mrnapolean1

mrnapolean1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I need to Locate a Overload Relay for a Cavalier Vending machine with model: C5-225-125.

Machine does not cool and Compressor is so hat you cant touch it. I searched Google and I was told it is the Overload Relay.
I do not know where to get one.

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

I need to Locate a Overload Relay for a Cavalier Vending machine with model: C5-225-125.

Machine does not cool and Compressor is so hat you cant touch it. I searched Google and I was told it is the Overload Relay.
I do not know where to get one.

There is a thermal overload and a start relay don't know of a "overload relay" ........ If the start relay was bad it would not switch out of start winding and would kick off on thermal overload and thermal overload kicks open on high temp or hi current to prevent over heating of compressor. If compressor is hot the condenser fan not working, condenser clogged, no air space behind machine or compressor is locked up. If compressor is hot and condenser is not compressor is probably bad. compressor hot & condenser hot check fan and airflow. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 mrnapolean1

mrnapolean1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

There is a thermal overload and a start relay don't know of a "overload relay" ........ If the start relay was bad it would not switch out of start winding and would kick off on thermal overload and thermal overload kicks open on high temp or hi current to prevent over heating of compressor. If compressor is hot the condenser fan not working, condenser clogged, no air space behind machine or compressor is locked up. If compressor is hot and condenser is not compressor is probably bad. compressor hot & condenser hot check fan and airflow. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

All fans seem to be spinning for the time being, The condenser isnt clogged up. I was told by another person on another forum that it is the Start relay.

the person on another forum may been trying to refer to it as a Start Relay.
Anyways, I need to know where I can buy this part?

#4 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

All fans seem to be spinning for the time being, The condenser isnt clogged up. I was told by another person on another forum that it is the Start relay.

the person on another forum may been trying to refer to it as a Start Relay.
Anyways, I need to know where I can buy this part?

Your local refrigeration supply ..... Not just any relay will work it is current sensing if you have the original there is a number on the side of it ..... If it was me I would ask for a "3 in 1 hard start kit" for a 1/3 hp compressor. Its simple to install directions on package and if it doesn't work with that buy a new compressor. just my thoughts.
Vend1ng