#1 newguy

newguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hey all,

Thanks for the info on this board.

I have my first machine purchased and located, ready to be put in this Friday. :D It is a combo machine for an office/warehouse of about 20 employees. I gave out a survey and got no response. I am heading out to Sam's to purchase the snacks and am a little clueless as to what the selections should be.

What I have is as follows:

Snacks
Zone Perfect bars (requested by the boss) 2 rows
Go Lean crunchy bars 3 rows
Chocolate Variety (snickers) 4 rows
Sun chips Variety 3 rows
Big Grab Variety 4 rows
Right Bites Variety 3 rows

Drinks
Sprite
Coke
Diet Coke
Nestle Water
Gatorade G2 Lime
Gatorade Fruit Punch

Is this a good mix? I know there is trial and error but I want a decent mix to start out.

The office consists of 3 executives, 2 receptionists, 5 sales, and 10 product rehab/warehouse.

Your thoughts?

#2 tedk

tedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

For this small a place I think you are way too heavy on healthy snacks. The people who want healthy snacks buy the least snacks. If the boss requested Zone perfect I'd start with them and perhaps the Right Bites. I'd wait on the Go Lean until you start to see what moves.

Ted

#3 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hey all,

Thanks for the info on this board.

I have my first machine purchased and located, ready to be put in this Friday. :D It is a combo machine for an office/warehouse of about 20 employees. I gave out a survey and got no response. I am heading out to Sam's to purchase the snacks and am a little clueless as to what the selections should be.

What I have is as follows:

Snacks
Zone Perfect bars (requested by the boss) 2 rows
Go Lean crunchy bars 3 rows
Chocolate Variety (snickers) 4 rows
Sun chips Variety 3 rows
Big Grab Variety 4 rows
Right Bites Variety 3 rows

Drinks
Sprite
Coke
Diet Coke
Nestle Water
Gatorade G2 Lime
Gatorade Fruit Punch

Is this a good mix? I know there is trial and error but I want a decent mix to start out.

The office consists of 3 executives, 2 receptionists, 5 sales, and 10 product rehab/warehouse.

Your thoughts?

Of course some things vary from location to location. But for us there are 5 must haves in every machine
Snickers, M&M Peanut, Some kind of Pretzels, Cheese its and Mt. Dew
Those are my 4 top selling snacks and my top selling soft drink.
With 10 people working in the warehouse if it was me I would ditch one of the Gatorades and add MT Dew.
I also believe it is not enough to look at the number of people but also thier average age. If you have a bunch of early 20s working in the warehouse MT DEW and an Energy drink aka (Monster, Red Bull etc) is what I would be wanting to put in.
Then again if you had to agree to the above list to get the account you can start out with that line up and gratually make changes as people start asking for other things.

#4 newguy

newguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

Of course some things vary from location to location. But for us there are 5 must haves in every machine
Snickers, M&M Peanut, Some kind of Pretzels, Cheese its and Mt. Dew
Those are my 4 top selling snacks and my top selling soft drink.
With 10 people working in the warehouse if it was me I would ditch one of the Gatorades and add MT Dew.
I also believe it is not enough to look at the number of people but also thier average age. If you have a bunch of early 20s working in the warehouse MT DEW and an Energy drink aka (Monster, Red Bull etc) is what I would be wanting to put in.
Then again if you had to agree to the above list to get the account you can start out with that line up and gratually make changes as people start asking for other things.

Thanks for the input. The machine I am placing is a combo machine that has 10 big spirals, 9 small spirals, three 12 oz. cans, one .5 L water or 8 oz red bull, and two 20 oz gatorade. I did get the surveys back and they requested red bull over water and the gatorade as well as some zone bars and granola.

I will see how things sell and change what doesn't. This is the first machine I have placed so I bought the combo packs from sams to get a variety of chips and candy (the hershey's combo). I just couldn't see buying a case of one thing and only being able to put 10 of each flavor and have all that stock left over. When I get a few more placed I can start buying single flavors by the case.

Thanks again for the ideas!

NG

#5 Mrmeticulous

Mrmeticulous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I hate to rez an old thread...but I have found Honey Buns to also be one of my top sellers. Don't get the "iced" honey buns though as they tend to be a bit of a sugar rush and hurts the teeth, lol.
I also completely agree with Snack Dude on the top 5 list.

There's my $.02...for what it's worth.

#6 ronnie

ronnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hi new guy,

What kind/brand/machine do you have? where and how much did you get it?
I have Coke, Diet coke(not selling good), mt dew, lipton brisk iced tea, and a welch grape juice (not the soda one.)
Mine is placed in a pediatrics office, thats why i put the welchs, moms requested for a healthy option for there children.

For snacks, I would say, Cheetos is my best bet. you may also try doritos.
For candy, M&M peanuts, snickers and hersheys almonds is on my toplist. Don't 4get Reeses, try it. Coz reese also makes good sales.

You may also want to monitor/make an inventory, so you will know what type of products need to go. I find crunch in my location to be not so good sales.

regards,
ron