• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rpdthree

rpdthree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I recently purchased a Coke Vendo 407 and the bill validator worked just fine when i first purchased it. After I got it home, it worked once and then began giving me some trouble.

When i enter a bill, it draws it in a very little ways, and then passes it back. I am also receiving 5 "blinks" which states that there is a "Bill Jam" (however, there are no bills in the machine at all).

I downloaded the manual and took the entire validator apart, cleaned the sensors, blew dust out from all the sensor areas, and reconstructed. Same issue.

Any thoughts on what may be going on? I would really like to be able to fix it instead of having to purchase a new one...

Thanks for any and all help!

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I recently purchased a Coke Vendo 407 and the bill validator worked just fine when i first purchased it. After I got it home, it worked once and then began giving me some trouble.

When i enter a bill, it draws it in a very little ways, and then passes it back. I am also receiving 5 "blinks" which states that there is a "Bill Jam" (however, there are no bills in the machine at all).

I downloaded the manual and took the entire validator apart, cleaned the sensors, blew dust out from all the sensor areas, and reconstructed. Same issue.

Any thoughts on what may be going on? I would really like to be able to fix it instead of having to purchase a new one...

Thanks for any and all help!

Disconnect power for 10 secs and then count the blinks that will tell you what sensor is blocked. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 rpdthree

rpdthree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Thanks! When i disconnect power, the light turns off entirely. When i plug it back in, the light is solid and does not blink at all....

Its only when i try to insert a bill a few times that i get the error again.

Appreciate the reply though...hopefully the above can help refine what the issue may be...

#4 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thanks! When i disconnect power, the light turns off entirely. When i plug it back in, the light is solid and does not blink at all....

Its only when i try to insert a bill a few times that i get the error again.

Appreciate the reply though...hopefully the above can help refine what the issue may be...

Check the rear accept photo cell see if it is dirty. Its located in the lower pullout housing underneath/behind the transformer on 110v models.
Vend1ng

#5 rpdthree

rpdthree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

THANK YOU!! I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

I began by once again cleaning the sensors in the lower pull out housing. I removed the board and cleaned each sensor and also the plastic guards.

Upon putting the machine back together, i realized that the front two wheels (that pull the bill in) were over the pressure plate instead of under it. Thus, there was no way for the wheels to get traction on the bill once it was input.

Put the acceptor back together and it worked like a charm!

All in all, it was a dirty sensor and someone putting the acceptor back together incorrectly. Nonetheless, it is fixed now and just installed the machine in an apartment building.

Thanks again everyone, great first experience on the forum!