• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

I'm very new to vending machines. We have one at our horse barn that we're having trouble with. It won't accept any dollar bills. The motor will pull the dollar in about 1 inch and then spit it back out at you. Could this be happening because the scanner is dirty (very dusty area)? There are no disconnected wires, etc. Any help would be useful.

Tim

#2 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

I'm very new to vending machines. We have one at our horse barn that we're having trouble with. It won't accept any dollar bills. The motor will pull the dollar in about 1 inch and then spit it back out at you. Could this be happening because the scanner is dirty (very dusty area)? There are no disconnected wires, etc. Any help would be useful.

Tim

Yes. Something that might help is to get some fiber-like bill validator cleaners (you can usually buy them from anyone who works on coin counters, look in your phone book). My experience is that it can help, but it probably won't take care of the problem completely. You might have to take it off and give it a good cleaning yourself. Do a google search to see if you can find some instructions or precautions to take so you don't really screw something up. Of course, you can have it professionally cleaned for about $50. I have never done that, so I don't know if it's worth it or not. A new DBV can cost you a few hundred bucks.

#3 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Tim

What ype of Validator is it, should have some numbers on the side of it.How long has the machine been in that location? Depending on type of validator, may just need claening as BVI said, but I would bet it needs a rebuilt due to the conditions you described.

#4 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

What ype of Validator is it, should have some numbers on the side of it.How long has the machine been in that location? Depending on type of validator, may just need claening as BVI said, but I would bet it needs a rebuilt due to the conditions you described.

That will depend. What he is discribing is most likly a sensor error. The pull sensor sees the bill and starts to pull the bill in. Once it gets to the validation sensors it cannot see the bill and spits it. If its a coinco MAG30-50(A-B) then its a dust problem. Coke sends me these and I usually just send them back and use my own because they collect dust bad. If it is a coinco you can take it apart anbd blow it out with a compressor. Also sometimes there is build up on the calibration know shorting out the pull sensor. This dosnt sound like the case because it is pulling, but if you see some blue build up you can scratch it off with an exacto-knife and blow it off.

Also you should clean the lense on the sensors. The sensors themselves look like LED's. If its a MAG50B then it my have a pulse sensor too.

#5 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

That will depend. What he is discribing is most likly a sensor error. The pull sensor sees the bill and starts to pull the bill in. Once it gets to the validation sensors it cannot see the bill and spits it. If its a coinco MAG30-50(A-B) then its a dust problem. Coke sends me these and I usually just send them back and use my own because they collect dust bad. If it is a coinco you can take it apart anbd blow it out with a compressor. Also sometimes there is build up on the calibration know shorting out the pull sensor. This dosnt sound like the case because it is pulling, but if you see some blue build up you can scratch it off with an exacto-knife and blow it off.

Also you should clean the lense on the sensors. The sensors themselves look like LED's. If its a MAG50B then it my have a pulse sensor too.

Always wondered, whats a pluse sensor or pulse validator?

#6 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

Always wondered, whats a pluse sensor or pulse validator?

Older style validator used with a sigle price or micromech