4 replies to this topic

#1 gvending

gvending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Hello,

I have a Dixie Narco 501 can vendor that is not cooling. When I turn the thermostat on so that the compressor should start I hear a buzzing sound followed by a popping sound like the compressor is shorting out. Then, this proccess starts over again about thirty seconds later.

Does this mean I have to replace the whole compressor or is there just a fuse or starter that I can replace? I am fairly new to vending so any advice from you seasoned guys would be apprecatied.

Thanks,

Justin

#2 surefire vending Co.

surefire vending Co.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hello justin!!

it sound like your compressor is locked up and it is kicking out on overload. If you are lucky, right after you kick on the compressor, before it "Clicks" off again, try striking to top of the compressor with a rubber mallet. It might work, it might not. It does work from time to time, but it is not a final solution. The compressor will need to be replaced!!

Hope this helps!!

Jon B.

#3 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hello justin!!

it sound like your compressor is locked up and it is kicking out on overload. If you are lucky, right after you kick on the compressor, before it "Clicks" off again, try striking to top of the compressor with a rubber mallet. It might work, it might not. It does work from time to time, but it is not a final solution. The compressor will need to be replaced!!

Hope this helps!!

Jon B.

The compressor is shot. The rubber mallet trick might work once but you are running on borrowed time if it does work.Replace the compressor.

#4 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

looks like you're in for a new compressor

#5 www.cnavending.com

www.cnavending.com

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hello,

I have a Dixie Narco 501 can vendor that is not cooling. When I turn the thermostat on so that the compressor should start I hear a buzzing sound followed by a popping sound like the compressor is shorting out. Then, this proccess starts over again about thirty seconds later.

Does this mean I have to replace the whole compressor or is there just a fuse or starter that I can replace? I am fairly new to vending so any advice from you seasoned guys would be apprecatied.

Thanks,

Justin

We sell vending machine parts. I can get you a good price on a new compressor.

Kevin

kevin@cnavending.com