• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MOE

MOE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:24 AM

I am taking over a vending business and the soda machine was already installed and leaking. the soda machine keeps leaking water towards the front left side of my machine. I checked the drain pan and it is never full. Everyday i seem to have a puddle of water coming from under my machine. i will update with model info if needed (cant think of it off my head). Any suggestion tips or tricks will greatly be appreciated. I thought of placing a large tray under machine to help keep the water contained but cant seem to find a large enough tray.

#2 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

I am taking over a vending business and the soda machine was already installed and leaking. the soda machine keeps leaking water towards the front left side of my machine. I checked the drain pan and it is never full. Everyday i seem to have a puddle of water coming from under my machine. i will update with model info if needed (cant think of it off my head). Any suggestion tips or tricks will greatly be appreciated. I thought of placing a large tray under machine to help keep the water contained but cant seem to find a large enough tray.

Moe,
You said that the "drain pan is never full" and you "can't seem to find a large enough tray". Is the water making it into the drip pan in the bottom of the machine? If not, then clean or blow out the tube that leads into the drip pan.

JD

#3 MOE

MOE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

Moe,
You said that the "drain pan is never full" and you "can't seem to find a large enough tray". Is the water making it into the drip pan in the bottom of the machine? If not, then clean or blow out the tube that leads into the drip pan.

JD

I checked my machine again today and i beleive the water leaking onto the floor is coming from condensation build up along inner door and ceiling. And seems the water is not draining toward the tube that leads into pan. I have the tube running into a milk jug which may be 10%full at most in 1 week.

#4 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

I checked my machine again today and i beleive the water leaking onto the floor is coming from condensation build up along inner door and ceiling. And seems the water is not draining toward the tube that leads into pan. I have the tube running into a milk jug which may be 10%full at most in 1 week.

Make sure you have a good seal on the door and the flap where the drinks come out is closing properly. Check and see if water is standing in the area above the tube and make sure tube is not clogged. You can blow backwards through the tube to clean it out. Since you are collecting water in your jug the tube is probably not clogged. By using a milk jug you are inhibiting the evaporation process, which is how this water is normally disposed of (small opening with no room for air flow).

If all this checks out then the refridge system may be failing and need to checked and possibly refilled.

JD

#5 MVSJOHN

MVSJOHN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

Something to check would be to see if the machine is level.I had a machine hooked up for testing in my garage that was not level and the water was running to the left front corner.Also check the seal around the lines running up to evaporator.

John

#6 MOE

MOE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:46 AM

Something to check would be to see if the machine is level.I had a machine hooked up for testing in my garage that was not level and the water was running to the left front corner.Also check the seal around the lines running up to evaporator.

John

I placed 2x2 peice of wood under front to make it tilt back somemore since water seems to be leakig towards the front, but seems that doesnt work at all. I am very new to the vending business and looks like i am going to have to have a professional come out and take a look. being that the water leak has been goin on for a few weeks now and account starting to complain. Does anyone know cheap estimated price to have a professional come take a look at it.

Moe in Atl

#7 vishal

vishal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

I placed 2x2 peice of wood under front to make it tilt back somemore since water seems to be leakig towards the front, but seems that doesnt work at all. I am very new to the vending business and looks like i am going to have to have a professional come out and take a look. being that the water leak has been goin on for a few weeks now and account starting to complain. Does anyone know cheap estimated price to have a professional come take a look at it.

Moe in Atl

Moe, were you ever able to get the leak fixed? Please let me know, I am having a similar problem except my leak is coming through the black tube (or pipe). I kept a aluminum tray there to collect the water, and it seems like the water never stops. Is the drain pan suppose to be placed at a particular place or does it work being placed anywhere?

#8 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:55 PM

Try using a shammy at the bottom of the draining tube. A top quality shammy will absorb appx. 7 days worth of leaks and then just replace shammy.