• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bhunso

bhunso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

hello everybody i just went to sams today all coke and pepsi product increase ? are you guys still gonna increase your soda? cause im seling soda still at .65 cents ea is it reasonable to sell soda at .75 cents ea now any suggestion or comments i really appreciated

#2 HooseFoose

HooseFoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

bhunso,

Yes, it is reasonable to sell @ $0.75. I have been doing it since April and I only shop at Sam's club. Of course, it would be a good idea to check other vending machines in your area to see how competitive you are being.

Sincerely,
~HooseFoose~
:D

#3 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

bhunso,

Yes, it is reasonable to sell @ $0.75. I have been doing it since April and I only shop at Sam's club. Of course, it would be a good idea to check other vending machines in your area to see how competitive you are being.

Sincerely,
~HooseFoose~
:D

Your prices must be higher. My Sam's Club sells at a unit cost of .29 for Pepsi products (was .27) and still .26 for Coke products.

I sell cans at .60, which is what my competitors are selling for, and that is still just above 50% GP, which is what we all try to shoot for overall.

#4 bhunso

bhunso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

bvi where are you located at? cause here at california the retail cost for coke and pepsi is .34 ea now so i think its time to go .75 ea now for coke and pepsi products.... do u guys put a notice if u guys gonna raise up your products? any inputs i really appreciated......sodas getting expensive....wow!!!!

#5 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

bvi where are you located at? cause here at california the retail cost for coke and pepsi is .34 ea now so i think its time to go .75 ea now for coke and pepsi products.... do u guys put a notice if u guys gonna raise up your products? any inputs i really appreciated......sodas getting expensive....wow!!!!

California? That explains it. In a state run by democrats (despite having Schwartzenegger as governor... he is certainly no conservative), you have the worst taxes and regulations imaginable. Everything costs more because of it. No offense, but seriously - that's why your product cost is out the wazoo.

That's not to say that Sam's might not be raising their soda prices again, even in the mid-west where I'm located. But I don't think it in any way would be to as much as you're having to pay.

#6 bhunso

bhunso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:37 AM

anybody from california here? that raise the sodas to .75 cents...any inputs i really greatly apprecetiated..

#7 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

anybody from california here? that raise the sodas to .75 cents...any inputs i really greatly apprecetiated..

Here's another thought... you really want to stay at or above a 50% gross margin. So in other words, if you're paying a unit cost of .35 for can soda, your price in your machines should be set at or above .70 -- this would be for factory locations or business locations. If you're in a retail-oriented location where there is a lot of walk-through traffic, you can probably get more, maybe .75 or better using the same cost example.

As for bottles, there is not as much profit. Don't sell them unless you have to. In my area, 1.25 is all I can sell them for and my cost is .75 for Pepsi products and .65 for Coke products. That's not very good margin at 1.25.

If you have to pay a commission, just add that on top of what you need to get.

#8 Brassine Vending

Brassine Vending

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

in my area, the only way to go, unless you own your business is to have 6 machines setup. Coke, Pepsi, RC cans and the same for bottles. For cans: Coke .40 Pepsi .35 and RC .30 The bottle machines are running $1.25 for coke and pepsi and the RC is running $1

I can get the cans cheaper at wal-mart than I can from my bottler. Right now pepsis are costing .25 coke is at .29 rc is at .23

Guess I need to find out where the other vendors are getting their cans, Based on my supply and selling around here making 7-10 cents profit/can, doesn't really seem worth the trouble.

#9 Agee Vending

Agee Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

Depends where you are in CA. I'm at .75 cents with all but 1 of my can machines here in SoCal, and that is at .65. I'm getting killed on bottles. you can't buy 20oz for less than .88 cents unless your buying 50 cases... and then its only .75 cents.

I almost lost an account because I raised the bottle to 1.50, its still cheaper than the Am/Pm down the street... but the client had a fit!!

Sam's is good on soda, vistar is pretty good to.. about the same and better selection and terms.

#10 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

I know this is an old tread:::

I am selling cans at 75 cents cost is about 27 to 30 cents each.
I buy at Walmart they are cheaper than Sam's also Walmart
will price match any other store in the area.
This week coke & Pepsi are sell for $3.00 12/pack

#11 Mile High Assassin

Mile High Assassin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

I know this is an old tread:::

I am selling cans at 75 cents cost is about 27 to 30 cents each.
I buy at Walmart they are cheaper than Sam's also Walmart
will price match any other store in the area.
This week coke & Pepsi are sell for $3.00 12/pack

I typically do the same thing. I watch their prices along with other local grocery stores. Many times through the year I can find 12-packs for $2.00 each, granted that is a good price. I usually stock up when I find them that low, at least for my better selling sodas.